unlock code

Options
does anyone have an unlock code for the proline dvd705w and is the unit any good, hope i have posted in the right place

cheers citycastaways

Comments

• TheChillPill
    Options
    Switch the power on.
    Open the tray
    Type 96530 on the remote and you should (briefly) see 'Region 0' displayed at the top right hand corner of the screen.

Type 96531 and this changes the player to region 1
    Type 96532 and this changes the player to region 2
    etc etc
  • ST2000_2
    ST2000_2 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    You have a PM as I didn't know wether or not this could be posted openly on the forum.

Edit: Guess it can then lol.
  • criminal_smile
    Options
    Unlocking your DVD player is not illegal, nor is buying a copy meant for another region. The problem with other region discs is that they don't carry a BBFC classification for UK audiences, and that is illegal.
    I haven't been asked to tell you that I'm the [highlight]Board Drunk[/highlight] for this board. As the night wears on, my posts will become worse, with simple spelling mistakes, inane ramblings, and a blatant disregard for the truth. I have no authority to do anything, so there's no point asking or telling me. If you see me past midnight, please tell me to get my coat and order me a taxi.

Free Ebay Simple Profit/Loss Spreadsheet. PM me for a download link.
  • TheChillPill
    Options
    If memory serves me correct, it's not illegal to BUY non-BBFC classified discs, but it is illegal to sell them in this country.

Thats why sometimes you can buy DVDs direct from amazon.com (US), even without classification (only times they won't sell them is when the manufacturer has asked them not to - usually because of a pending UK release).
  • citycastaways
    Options
    thanks for info, now if i can only get the player back from my daughter!
  • criminal_smile
    Options
    thanks for info, now if i can only get the player back from my daughter!
    :rotfl:.....tell her to buy her own!
    I haven't been asked to tell you that I'm the [highlight]Board Drunk[/highlight] for this board. As the night wears on, my posts will become worse, with simple spelling mistakes, inane ramblings, and a blatant disregard for the truth. I have no authority to do anything, so there's no point asking or telling me. If you see me past midnight, please tell me to get my coat and order me a taxi.

Free Ebay Simple Profit/Loss Spreadsheet. PM me for a download link.
  • citycastaways
    Options
    tell a teenage girl to buy her own, how does that work!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure