THANK U all 4 everything. Plus need extra advice pls!

Options

Comments

• pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pay the provi man - can you imagine how good you'd feel then!
    Either that or the Vanquis - I know it would feel good to pay one whole debt off, but paying it off one that chrges interest will make your money go further.
  • kittiej
    kittiej Posts: 2,564 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    All the interest is added on at the beginning with provi loans and even if you pay them off early you get a pittance of the interest back.

I'm talking pence.

If you can't face your agent Bart then can't you agree to leave your payment somewhere?

I pay mine by cheque so if I know I won't be in I put it in an envelope and pin to the front door. :)
    Karma - the consequences of ones acts."It's OK to falter otherwise how will you know what success feels like?"1 debt v 100 days £2000
  • Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    i'd find out how much is outstanding on the council tax and pay that or pay off the vanquis card.
    As has been said before i don't think you'll gain much by paying off the provi early
    good luck
  • bountiful
    Options
    Crikey - just read through this thread - and will be watching to see what you decide to do - you only got excited about one suggestion and that was paying off the computer..... Isn't it hard?! Thank goodness we can share and have a laugh about it together.:o
    Debt free by 22 January 2009 - thanks to an unexpected inheritance - take heart - it DOES HAPPEN!
  • BartGirl
    Options
    I've decided that I'll call the council in the morn and see what the situation is with them.
    Shall decide after that!!!! (or not!) hahahaha...i'm proper confused now!
    CC1: [strike]1,500[/strike] CC2:[strike]£830[/strike] Vanquis [strike]£1500[/strike] £2000 left
    S.Elec: [strike]£258[/strike] £ 0
    CT [strike]1734.52[/strike] £ 0
    Ebay £ 10.00 /MystShop £ 17.00/Quidco £ 0 so far!
  • bountiful
    Options
    Are you a Libran by any chance?????
    Debt free by 22 January 2009 - thanks to an unexpected inheritance - take heart - it DOES HAPPEN!
  • Numpty_Monkey
    Numpty_Monkey Posts: 14,196 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :j i'm always confused :confused::p :rotfl:
    PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBT NERD #869
    Numpty,Not sure why but I'm crying :o . Of all the peeps on this board you're the kindest & most supportive of all & I'm :mad: & :( for you all at the same time . Wish I was there to give you a big :grouphug: & emergency hobnobs
    xx
    DFD 5/1/16
  • BartGirl
    Options
    Capricorn!
    CC1: [strike]1,500[/strike] CC2:[strike]£830[/strike] Vanquis [strike]£1500[/strike] £2000 left
  • bountiful
    Options
    I don't know many Capricorns - are they generally cautious deciders? I'm Sagittarian - so can tend to be impulsive and over-optimistic - then get really down :)
  • BartGirl
    BartGirl Posts: 510 Forumite
    Options
    Saggitarian - thats my mum - and she's a serious spender..but thats a whole other thread!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure