THANK U all 4 everything. Plus need extra advice pls!

Options
Firstly I'd like to thank everyone on here for helping me out with all the difficulties that I've experienced of late.
Financially i was truly struggling to keep my head above water and could not see a way out at all. So much so, that even when i posted my SOA i was doubtful that anyone would be in a position to offer any advice / guidance. How wrong I was !!! :confused:

I dont want to ramble on-and-on, but the things that helped me the most were doing a spending diary; plus meal planning. These things have totally changed my life. Seriously. Plus my attitude to withdrawing 'just a tenner' from the hole-in-wall.

I'll update my diary with more info.

I just wanna say THANKS A MILL to all who've helped me out. :T

Secondly I've come for further advice one something.

I'm finally on top of all my debts etc and so what i'm owing right now is:

Barclaycard CC £192.33 - usually pay £30 monthly (6.9%)
Vanquis CC £ 907.28 - just paid £100 - the minimum was £33 (30% :eek: )
Council Tax - I'm in arrears but not sure of how much; I pay £100 /month but should be £160
Computer - £100 left 0% - i pay £50 monthly
Provident - £ 350 left - i pay £50 monthly

My question is:
I'm going to have an extra £150 in my next wage; from overtime over christmas and would like to put this towards my debt. Should I split it for instance 3 ways and reduce 3 debts by an extra £50 ?
Or just lump it all onto 1 debt.
Advice please!!!
CC1: [strike]1,500[/strike] CC2:[strike]£830[/strike] Vanquis [strike]£1500[/strike] £2000 left
S.Elec: [strike]£258[/strike] £ 0
CT [strike]1734.52[/strike] £ 0
Ebay £ 10.00 /MystShop £ 17.00/Quidco £ 0 so far!

Comments

• **Amy**
    **Amy** Posts: 2,680 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Batgirl

Yey for you being on top of everything. :j

I would find out how much in arrears you are with your council tax. I would try and pay this off first.

If you really dont want to do that, I would pay off the barclay card? But to be honest im not very knowledgeable... sorry..

:beer:
    Debt: just my mortgage :D
  • stressed.mum
    Options
    Hi BatGirl

I would pay the extra money off Council Tax as this is the debt that you can get into the most trouble with.

If you have set up a payment agreement with the council tax people thoug I would pay it off the highest interest debt - Vanquish?

HTH

stressed xx
    Hoping to stick to the challenge this year!!
    Make £5 a day for 366 started Dec 2019
    YTD £ £ 78.23/£1£1,825
    Cash - £ 48.23 Vouchers - £ 30

Wombling into 2020 £38.78
  • Tiglet
    Tiglet Posts: 405 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi BartGirl,

I'd say you should pay any extra off the Vanquis card because that has the highest interest rate, so it will reduce your interest by more in future.

But I'd suggest that you find out how much you're in arrears with the Council Tax and how long it will take to clear it.

---
    Edit: How mmuch interest are you paying Provident? That one's likely to be WAY more than the Vanquis card. If it is, then I'd pay it off that one instead.
  • BartGirl
    BartGirl Posts: 510 Forumite
    Options
    Re: Council Tax - yes i am on a repayment plan which i have honoured throughout.

Provident - yes i'm sure the APR on there's horrific. Something like 100% ish :eek:

Thanks for all your input everyone
    CC1: [strike]1,500[/strike] CC2:[strike]£830[/strike] Vanquis [strike]£1500[/strike] £2000 left
  • kittiej
    kittiej Posts: 2,564 Forumite
    Options
    If it were me I'd pay off the computer if there's only £100 left and the other £50 on Vanquis.

This will then free up an extra £50 next month to put to the same and one of your debts will have been cleared making you feel a bit better.
    Karma - the consequences of ones acts."It's OK to falter otherwise how will you know what success feels like?"1 debt v 100 days £2000
  • BartGirl
    BartGirl Posts: 510 Forumite
    Options
    KITTIE
    i like the sound of that 1.
    Owinf 1 less debt would make me feel better :j
  • kittiej
    kittiej Posts: 2,564 Forumite
    Options
    I realised after Bart that your computer is 0% but as its £100 I wouldn't worry too much.

How you feel can be more important and a bit of brain trickery doesn't hurt :)

PS

I wish I only had to pay provi £50 a month, I pay that a week. Oh how scary is that? :eek:
    Karma - the consequences of ones acts."It's OK to falter otherwise how will you know what success feels like?"1 debt v 100 days £2000
  • BartGirl
    Options
    I vowed for years that i'd never take out a provident loan but i fell on hard times and had no choice. I actually feel embarassed about it..i cant even look the loan guy in the eye when he comes round..
  • Tiglet
    Tiglet Posts: 405 Forumite
    Options
    Then I'd pay it off that one - never mind the interest rate, you don't want to be feeling like that. Imagine how you'll feel reducing it by half at a stroke - and then your regular payments will reduce it even faster after that.
  • racer256
    racer256 Posts: 580 Forumite
    Options
    I'd pay the Vanquis card off first make it your top prioirity in your wages, once thats paid off I'd Provident off. Good Luck.
    I am full of joy, abundance, wealth and love.
    I am a money magnet. Money comes easily and frequently.
    Canada excursion fund £1243/2500
    £10000 from £100 challenge £0/£10,000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family