Cat had Op and is Grumpy......

Options
My poor wee love had some of her teeth out yesterday and she's still looking very sorry for herself. She's been eating despite the extractions, but has not made a sound since.

She's normally a very vocal little thing who miaows at me day and night, but since yesterday, nothing. Is this likely to be something as a result of the Op, or is she just severly hacked off with my for having her endure the trauma of going to the vets?

Would welcome any advice as it's heartbreaking seeing her looking so miserable (which I probably would too under the circumstances!).
Almost debt-free, but certainly even with the Banks!

Comments

• leoetal19
    Options
    dont worry its prob a combination of sore throat n mouth from op n anaesthetic combined with trauma of whole thing. give her time space and quiet she'll come round! remember cats dont have our thought processes so she wouldnt be able to equate 'she left me im mad'-we personify them and think they do-me too!!
    she'll be fine. time .space. love x
    good luck x
    even god cant change the past-no matter how many times i cry
    for levi, leo, smudge and arfa:A my angels
  • bathgatebuyer
    Options
    Definitelt her throat must be bad as for the first time ever I've heard her cough which made both of us jump at about 4 am! Poor wee love.
  • leoetal19
    Options
    poor thing x just give her some time-usually they come round much quicker than you think xx
    even god cant change the past-no matter how many times i cry
    for levi, leo, smudge and arfa:A my angels
  • BizzyBek
    BizzyBek Posts: 265 Forumite
    Options
    She'll get her voice back, don't worry.

Give her some catnip to chill her out in the mean time if she is a catnip girl :)
  • sandy2_2
    sandy2_2 Posts: 1,931 Forumite
    Options
    just check where she's sleeping, see if there's any bloodly saliva, just in case her mouth is still sore. If she's still not normal tomorrow, I'd give the vet a call, she might need antibiotics. Did the vet give you any post extraction advice
  • bathgatebuyer
    Options
    I've got a follow up appointment with the vet next Friday - she's looking a little more alert today but still completely silent. Hopefully she's just re-adjusting to the lack of teeth and come a few more days she'll be back to the chatterbox she always is.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure