Cat that plays fetch

Options
One of our cats plays fetch. Proper fetch. You throw his soft ball, he chases it, retrieves it and returns it to where you are and waits patiently for you to throw it again. If he had his way we would be doing it all day/night.

But he is a cat.

Does yours do similar?

Comments

• leoetal19
    leoetal19 Posts: 446 Forumite
    Options
    wow-yours too!
    my son owns 2 cats-a boy and girl-brother ans sister and we have the other brother-rescued from being drown
    so both boys never see each other a son as his own house
    but both boys plays fetch-sone started first c 5 months old-hes obsessed with DIL's hair boobles- and spends literally hours fetching them for son to throw-retrieving and brining back-son not so happy at 4am when he tries it
    anyway i thought how sweet when i saw him-never seen a cat do that before!! then about a month later our cat-his brother started doing it but only with those rubber wrist bands the kids wear-he spends ages fetching and carrying-so it must be in their genes-the other 3 cats never do it !!
    even god cant change the past-no matter how many times i cry
    for levi, leo, smudge and arfa:A my angels
  • Badger_Lady
    Badger_Lady Posts: 6,264 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mine sort of does - you throw it at him, he jumps up and catches it. Then he just looks at you expectantly, as if to say "go on then, do it again!". He doesn't actually bring it back, though :)
    Mortgage | £145,000Unsecured Debt | [strike]£7,000[/strike] £0 Lodgers | |
  • chivas
    chivas Posts: 208 Forumite
    Options
    Lol - one of my cats does this! Well both of them do - but one is properly dog-like!

The first time I noticed it, he was playing with a pen - batting it, then trying to catch it in his mouth. Was gobsmacked when he bent down and picked it up in his mouth - exactly like a dog picks up a bone - then wandered off with it! From then on, if he expresses interest in an item, I can make him 'fetch' it. The only difference is - he has to show interest first - and what he likes one day, may as well be invisible the next!!
    :money: I heart Martin! :money:
  • lexilex
    lexilex Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    Options
    :rotfl: Mine does this too much to my amusement, and she keeps dropping her toys on me too til I'll play, most annoying at 3.45am!
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    Mookee does this too. However he never seems to quite reach me when bringing the item (can be anything, as long as it isn't a proper cat toy!), but still expects me to move to pick it up! x
    Gone ... or have I?
  • Badger_Lady
    Badger_Lady Posts: 6,264 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mortgage | £145,000Unsecured Debt | [strike]£7,000[/strike] £0 Lodgers | |
  • SnowyOwl_2
    SnowyOwl_2 Posts: 5,257 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    One of my cats does this - he loves plastic lids from milk cartons. If I make a tapping noise with them he comes running. It's v.handy as he's a lardy indoor cat and I can make him run up and down the stairs about 50 times an evening so he gets his exercise. He often drops bits and pieces on my bed during the night as well, not that he's got any hope of waking me up to play at five in the morning...but full marks for trying.

My kitten likes to drop things into my shoes then retrieve them but with great difficulty - it's her own personal game, the silly little girl!

Kitty number three drags a furry mouse on a bit of string around with him. He'll drop it then walk forward and then accidentally step on it with his hind paws and then he savages it to death.:rotfl:
  • cheepskate_2
    cheepskate_2 Posts: 1,669 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    our cat does the smae thing, he also sits patentily when you eat crisps as he likes the wrapper twiddled up to make a toy, only hubby can do this. one strange thing we found is he climbs the bunk bed stairs so he can sleep on the top bunk
  • Sola
    Sola Posts: 1,681 Forumite
    Options
    One of mine does this with foam earplugs and rolled-up crisp packets, but she's just as likely to chase them under the fridge as anything else.
  • BizzyBek
    BizzyBek Posts: 265 Forumite
    Options
    One of my cats had a toy box at the back of the living room. His toys are put away at night or after a tidy, I say to him 'go get a toy' and off he wanders to his toy box and brings back a toy!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure