Raw Chicken and Kittens a good mix?

Options
Hi,

After a little advice, my GF forgot to close the fridge this morning and the bottom salad draw was holding it open. I just got in from work and found the fridge open and a chicken breast pack on the floor (there was 1 left in there). Now this is no where to be found. :eek:

1) Would my kittys first of all eat this?
2) If so, is there any problems that could arise from it?

thanks, they seem fine and being full time nutters as usual.

Comments

• BizzyBek
    BizzyBek Posts: 265 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, it is fair to say they will have devoured it - I have a cat who will pinch a raw chicken breast if I turn my back on it for one second!

Raw chicken isn't good for them, in the same way it isn't good for us - it cn have bacteria etc. You will soon know if it has upset them - one end or the other or both will let you know! If they do show signs of a tummy upset it would be wise to pop them to the vets just to ensure they don't need something to help keep fluid up etc but I think you'll find they'll come to no harm - if you think of what cats would hunt in the wild they are pretty strong stomached.
  • chivas
    chivas Posts: 208 Forumite
    Options
    Should be no problems at all :)

After all - cats catch and eat mice and pigeons - not to mention what they must pull out of the trash when on kitty explorations! :eek:

I quite often feed my cats bit of gristle from raw chicken - they love it!
    :money: I heart Martin! :money:
  • BaileyB
    BaileyB Posts: 2,281 Forumite
    Options
    Well i found it :). I was wondering why Abi was just sitting in her play tunnel after about 30mins which is not like her to sit still for that long i found the half eaten chicken breast in there. George did not care one bit but she was looking for it for about another 30mins, bless her. So i got some more chicken out of the freezer and they had a little treat. Cooked of course
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure