Pdsa

Options
The rescue dog we got a few months back is starting to limp and we left it for a few days but now it's no better so we are going to take him to the pdsa and get him checked out.
When we got him he was neutered, chipped etc so we havent registered him as a vet but am thinking now about his chip, will this affect the pdsa, i mean it won't be our details on the system, but we both don't work and we get housing benefit.
I would like to be able to admire a man’s opinions as I would his dog - without being expected to take it home with me."
- Frank A. Clark

Comments

• WeirdoMagnet
    WeirdoMagnet Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Our dog was chipped at the rescue before she came to us, but she's never been scanned when at the vets (although not PDSA) - which reminds me I must get them to check that it is still working.

PetLog hold all the microchipped animals ownership details. You can amend your own details online, but you can't make change of ownership details. Give them a call on [strike]0870 6066751[/strike] actually just looked up their number on saynoto0870 so try them on 01296 390601. When we got our dog, we had to send proof of ownership/adoption, so we sent the adoption form that both us and the rescue had signed.

Of course, having said all that some rescues like to keep the details in their name (but I never understand that), so you might need to check, but I'd get them changed if at all possible, so that he can be reunited with you ASAP if he goes missing.
    "No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
  • Irishmummyof2
    Options
    Thanks Georgina, off to check it out now.
    I would like to be able to admire a man’s opinions as I would his dog - without being expected to take it home with me."
    - Frank A. Clark
  • ~cleo~
    ~cleo~ Posts: 583 Forumite
    Options
    most vets dont routinely scan animals when they are brought into their practices (unfortunatly) so it probably wont affect your chances of getting treatment - but wise to get the details updated anyway
    :rolleyes: Democracy is a process by which the people are free to choose the man who will get the blame.:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure