Getting a cat soon

Options
Hi,

I am going to get a cat from a cat shelter soon (probably battersea dogs and cats home as its nearest) I was just wondering how long the whole process takes, from actually going for the initial interview to taking the cat home. Or do they let you take the cat home the same day?

Thanks
£10 a day in Feb £55/£290....

Comments

• WeirdoMagnet
    WeirdoMagnet Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They might let you take a cat home the same day, but they do say on their website that they may homecheck you prior to rehoming to you.

Of course, there might not be a cat there at the time that you fall in love with, or that is suitable for you and your home/circumstances, so you might have to be patient! But it'll be worth the wait!

There might be smaller rescues nearer to you too - have a look on Cat Chat. :)

Let us know how you get on.
    "No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
  • ScotTot
    ScotTot Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya Mon-mon,

We went to the Windsor branch yesterday and came home with a mother and son pair - didn't expect it to happen so fast, but they're full of character and settling in well - left them with radio 2 on today, so they'll be thinking Terry Wogan is their owner! One word of warning, we thought we'd got a nice quiet safe room organised for their first few days and completely forgot to block the chimney up! Ten second gap between opening the carrier and the son disappearing skywards. Fortunately soon tempted down with food, but some very anxious moments for two newbie cat owners! (and a lot of quick work with a tray and parcel tape afterwards!)

Best of luck!
  • Mon_mon
    Mon_mon Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the replies!
    I should be getting one by the end of the month hopefully....im sooo excited!
    £10 a day in Feb £55/£290....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport