Contract Phone upgrades ?

Due for upgrades on contract phones that I have...

Was wondering, does anyone know what the maximum upgrade value the big phone providers are able to offer towards new/upgrade handsets? They quite understandably seem to closely guard this info and I hear quite varied figures...

I know there are many factors behind what you may be offered, eg depends on how many contracts you may have and what your monthly/annual bill/spend may be….I’m curious about the absolute maximum value that could be squeezed out of them towards the cost of a new phone? Extra talktime minutes/texts/data/etc...are secondary to this as will vary dramatically individually.

To get the information ball rolling, the previous upgrade I did manage to squeeze 3 nokia 6230's out of T-Mobile and improve on some minutes for one of the contracts… :D

What are your findings/experiences please ?
Beware Lego Men with Deep pockets...! :cool:

Comments

• I would really like to some advice on this matter too.

It seems they only offer quite crappy phones on free upgrade and was wondering what the best threats *cough*, best tips are to use in getting them to giving you the best deal. ???
    if i had known then what i know now
  • It depends on your usage but to get the best offer, asking for your PAC (PAK?) number usually does it. ;D
    ...and then the window licker said to me...
  • PAC number? whats that? :-/
  • That's the number that you give to your new network provider to port your old phone number across. :)
  • I see.. thanks

just been digging through these phone threads and found some useful tips
    ::)
  • No probs, likewise I'm trawling the threads. The Dialaphone one is giving me second thoughts as they were going to be my next stop for a phone? :-/
  • just read that.. doesnt sound to good huh? :o

i have used them in the past before they offered cash back and I had no probs at all.

Man, i hate looking for a new phone.. its so much hard work! :-[ >:( ::)
  • It's not so much the phone but the tariff that I'm after. T-mobile appear to have given up on the personal user and are going large for the business user. Their loss. Still got a few days to decide :)
  • vansboy
    vansboy Posts: 6,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Isn't Dialaphone all BIG ads & small print??

Extra for itemised billing, looooooooooonger contracts, weird choice of phones/tarrifs??

It's confusing - crikey, I even thought he BT deals were good last month!!

VB
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport