What dishwasher?

2»

Replies

• mvtengmvteng Forumite
    503 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    I'd recommend a Miele. We bought a base model to replace a Smeg & its very very much better.

The Smeg only lasted about 3 years during which it had several minor problems.

At the time we bought the Miele it had a free all inclusive 5 year guarantee, however, shortly after, we got an offer through the post to extend to 10 years for £199.
  • hethmarhethmar Forumite
    10.7K Posts
    Car Insurance Carver! Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out Boots Kitchen Appliances - usually lowest on the net and if you go through quidco you get cash back. Also, see my post above re kitchen appliance insurance.
  • UK007BullDogUK007BullDog Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a bosch and it is about a year old now. I like it and I hate it.

It must have been a non-user who designed the layout. I wish I had been more vigilant when buying it.

It is quiet though which was also a requirement and does not make stupid alarm noises to let you know it is finished. with 4 people it is on 1 to 2 times a day.

The other pet hate is that it only has 3 cycles and the one I wanted to use most of the time is the eco cycle, but it is only 10 min shorter than the regular cycle which can go on for 139 - 142 minutes. The short wash is 30 minutes. So what is that all about? Plus in the short wash it leaves residue from the soap and softeners.

Also it prefers the cheap single tabs as they produce a better result. But for really burnt on stuff you need to pre-soak and use 2 tabs.

One can open the door and take out stuff and it will continue where it got stopped just by closing the door.

The cutlery basket needs to be placed in a corner not in the middle, to be able to place larger pans into the bottom part.

Is it just me, but my grannies Miele, which is 26 years old, is larger inside than the new ones and still going strong but then she only uses it 2 times a week.
  • AbbieCadabraAbbieCadabra Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    hethmar wrote: »
    Check out Boots Kitchen Appliances - usually lowest on the net and if you go through quidco you get cash back. Also, see my post above re kitchen appliance insurance.

not for the one i want unfortunately, even with quidco (which is only on the net price, 4.5%) it's still £100 more at boots! :eek:

KitchenScience who i'd place my order with for a Miele, now tell me they won't have stock until at least end of March! :mad:

i NEED it NOW! :o back to the drawing board...:rolleyes:
  • Miele are very good - the g1230sc, g1220sc, g1202sc, g1102sc, g1222sc and g1232sc have good reviews on which.
    Wins since June: iPod shuffle 1gb, Samsung g800, cinema ticket, lush retro giftbox, 2x mp3 downloads, a big box of food (???)
  • AbbieCadabraAbbieCadabra Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    have since found out that KitchenScience are part of Comet, which explains a few things! :rolleyes: quite happy to take your money straight away when they have no idea when delivery will be...:mad:

anyway, after a LOT of phoning around yesterday, i now have on order the model i wanted, G1232SC - but the new version with a 'Clean Steel' finish to it (less fingerprints etc). thank heavens for the local independant! :j
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides