YBS Regular Saver

Hi,

I'm interested in opening a YBS Regular Savings account, currently at 6.85%, and saving between £250 and £500 per month.

Before I proceed, can I ask, would I need my salary paid into a YBS account to qualify? And would I be able to set up a direct debit to fund it from a NatWest account?

Thanks. :)

Comments

• marka87uk wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm interested in opening a YBS Regular Savings account, currently at 6.85%, and saving between £250 and £500 per month.

Before I proceed, can I ask, would I need my salary paid into a YBS account to qualify? And would I be able to set up a direct debit to fund it from a NatWest account?

Thanks. :)

Nope no requirement for salary to be paid into YBS. ;)

Yes can be funded from Natwest Current Account. ;)
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,238 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    marka87uk wrote: »
    And would I be able to set up a direct debit to fund it from a NatWest account?
    No, you can't set up a direct debit. You can however set up a standing order to transfer the money into your YBS account from the Natwest end, or making individual payments by debit card.
  • Can you fund it from a Sainsbury's account?
    Noobie (not so :D) trying to make loads a dosh - please bear with all my questions :beer: Thanks :D

• oldfella
    oldfella Posts: 1,534 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    if you can the best approach is to deposit money into the YBS internet saver and then setup an automatic monthly transfer to the reg saver on the 1st
  • knights
    knights Posts: 181 Forumite
    Can you fund it from a Sainsbury's account?

You can but you have to do each payment manually. There is no facility to set up a regular standing order.

regards
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,456 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    As Old Fella says, set up a YBS Internet Savings Account at 6%AER (with a monthly interest option if you want it).

Deposit your savings and your monthly cash allowance into it. You can push money from your current account, or pull into the YBS account with a debit card. If you use a debit card, you can do the transaction the day before pay day, but it takes 3 working days for the money to clear.

Then set up the regular monthly transfer from the Internet Saver to the regular saver, and use your Link card to access your ready cash in the internet saver.
  • marka87uk
    marka87uk Posts: 441 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well, all set up now :) ! Very pleased with how you can fund the account with a debit card online too!

Shame that they do not support exporting to Microsoft Money though (as far as I can see)... :(

Oh, and the rate online is currently showing as 3.35% (obviously excluding the conditional bonus). When does the conditional bonus rate get paid? As a lump sum after 12 months if the conditions are met, or?!
  • masonic
    marka87uk wrote: »
    Oh, and the rate online is currently showing as 3.35% (obviously excluding the conditional bonus). When does the conditional bonus rate get paid? As a lump sum after 12 months if the conditions are met, or?!
    Yes, you get either 3.35% or 6.85% paid after 12 months depending on whether or not you meet the terms.
  • masonic
    Nick_C wrote: »
    If you use a debit card, you can do the transaction the day before pay day, but it takes 3 working days for the money to clear.
    IME, it takes 5 working days for the money to reach the account if you send it by standing order/BACS, so debit card payments are slightly quicker to start earning interest (though you can't send them before the first of the month as you can with transfers).
  • RayWolfe
    RayWolfe Posts: 3,045 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    The interest and the conditional interest are paid as two separate amounts on the anniversary.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure