Sent next day delivery but its not there, buyer very unhappy. what do i do??

Options
Hi

Can anyone help as ive never had this before, i have a small ebay shop and i buyer wanted an item sent on next day delivery, i offer to pay the extra postage cost to do this as she bought a few items, and it was a good sale!

So i sent it yesterday using royal mail special delivery. Cut it short it not turned up ive tracked it on the RM website saying it beening processed, should of been here B4 1pm. I call RM service centre, hes says he doesnt know why its not there, but knows they have my parcel, and it wont be there today, might be there tomorrow, so i can claim compensation which is fair!

But what about my buyer? ive give her the tracking number so she knows i did send it, but she did need it today. do i offer her a full refund? or do i give her the compensation. bit confussed.

Any help would be great!!!

Thanks cathyx

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    i would offer a postage refund and claim from RM.
    only offer a refund if the buyer wants to return

tbh im not surprised at the possibility of delays with the way the weather is here
  • chattycathyuk
    Options
    ok thank will do,
    the parcel in going to the highlands so i can undestand the delay as the weather is very bad. Poor drivers rather them than me!
  • impy78
    impy78 Posts: 3,157 Forumite
    Options
    ok thank will do,
    the parcel in going to the highlands so i can undestand the delay as the weather is very bad. Poor drivers rather them than me!

In some areas of scotland, Special delivery is not guarranteed until 5.30pm or in some instances until the next day.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • steviebabes
    steviebabes Posts: 2,040 Forumite
    Options
    Some parts of the highlands are 5PM delivery not 1PM you would have to check the postcode on the RM site.
  • custardy
    Options
    ok thank will do,

its more the planes that are an issue in weather
  • Stephb1986_2
    Stephb1986_2 Posts: 6,279 Forumite
    Options
    its not exactly your fault she knows you sent it when you said you would i wouldnt give her anything its not like you was hand delivering it! tell her you have rang RM and it will be there tomorrow!

Stephb xxx
  • custardy
    Options
  • custardy
    Options
    Stephb1986 wrote: »
    its not exactly your fault she knows you sent it when you said you would i wouldnt give her anything its not like you was hand delivering it! tell her you have rang RM and it will be there tomorrow!

Stephb xxx

why not refund if its late?
    buyer see's you make the effort and the seller gets the postage costs from RM
    obviously checking its not in the excepted areas 1st!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure