Abbey card for purchases & BT

Options
Hi Guys,

Any advise very welcome please.

I've just got the Abbey card and payed for a holiday using it. The 3 months for purchases offer runs out in April. I was considering transferring a BT from another card which lasts for a year.

I've read the blurb about not doing a BT and a purchase on the same card. If I've cleared the value of the purchase (not adding any other purchases except this one off holiday one) by April would I be right that the BT will still be interest free?

And if I don't pay off the purchase amount by the limited period then I will be paying the interest on the purchase only till it has cleared?

Apologies if I haven't explained this very well.

MTIA

Debs

Comments

• Bokkens
    Bokkens Posts: 505 Forumite
    Options
    Yes you would be correct but you must pay off the holiday purchase in full ,every penny! OR YOU WILL BE CHARGED INTEREST on any following transactions.
    Yes but you won't be able to use the card again for anything else as it affect the allocation of interest payments and it will leave you largest purchase on the card longest earning them interest whill you struggle to pay off the newer purchase this is why it is important to pay it off in full before the period runs out.
    I think you have got a reasonably good card you have used it for the wrong purpose though.The 0% period is very short to pay off a holiday expense,the 0% on BT(balance transfers) is longer and using this would have been better.
    Yes you can BT from another card to remove the holiday debt giving you a longer repayment period at 0% on your new card.
    Good luck
    Previously known as Bokken,registered at MSE in Nov 04,computer glich deleted my access but it is fun building up my stars from scratch,again.:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure