Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Egg !!!!!

in N. Ireland
12 replies 969 views
For the 5 and a half years I have been living in my house, I have been receiving mail from a company called Egg, for the previous occupant (who has been deceased for at least 5yrs). Initially I wrote RTS and posted back to them, with the words 'deceased' but they still kept sending mail. In Jan 07 I wrote to them explaining my frustration and even suggested they forward the letters to Carnmoney Cemetery, but alas they kept on coming. In Jun 07 I phoned to complain again, and in Aug & Nov 07 I received letters addressed both to the previous occupant, and myself ! When I asked them to delete the person from their database, they obviously substituted their name with mine. I then wrote to the Financial Ombudsman Service in Nov 07, but was advised that 'the firms activities in this instance are not covered by FSA regulations'. I have this month again, received another letter addressed to the previous occupant, and am at a loss for where to go from here. Does anyone know if there is any legal action I can take against this company, or do I just have to put up with it......... :confused:

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Is your local HSBC closing?

114 branches to shut in 2023

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard

MSE Deals