Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

52 Reg Clio Computer probs

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Motoring
7 replies 2.8K views
andystephensandystephens Forumite
1.7K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Motoring
Hi All,

Having a nightmare time with my car at the moment. The trip computer said that I had 45 miles left in the tank and the needle was just approaching red. The fuel light had not come on, but I thought I would put a fiver in anyway.

I got back in the car and the needle had moved up but the computer still said 45 miles and then the light came on. I tried resetting the computer but the light is still on. I dont know what to believe, and how can I get the 2 to match up.

Thanks
Proud dad to Darcy.....

Replies

• I wouldn't worry too much about it. These things will be pretty unreliable at low levels of fuel. Just keep an eye on the needle and when you get a chance stick a reasonable amount of fuel in the car and that should sort it out.

If you really want to push it you could carry a can of petrol and see how far you actually travel when the light comes on and then in the future you will know.
  • andystephensandystephens Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I will put a tenner in later and see what happens, I may also just rely on the needle than the computer
    Proud dad to Darcy.....
  • Go on andy give the car a treat splash out £20....;)
  • andystephensandystephens Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Dunno - on a strict budget at the moment.

This car has cost me a fortune and I have only had it 2 months.

Bl**dy toxic fume warning light!:mad:
    Proud dad to Darcy.....
  • balsinghbalsingh Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure how a CLio trip computer works, but on some cars, the range is more accurate when the car is run from a full tank down to almost empty a few times. apparently, the computer 'calibrates' itself.
    If you found my comment helpful, please click the 'Thanks' button below :T
  • cyclonebri1cyclonebri1 Forumite
    12.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    balsingh wrote: »
    Not sure how a CLio trip computer works, but on some cars, the range is more accurate when the car is run from a full tank down to almost empty a few times. apparently, the computer 'calibrates' itself.

If its like the Megane fuel computer it forcasts based on the mpg since the last time the mpg window was reset, ie if it read 30mpg after running round town and you reset it and went on a run and got 60mpg the mileage to empty would have gone up without adding fuel. And vicky verky of course.

You tight git, a fiver, thats only a gallon:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Buy a diesel then at least you can run it on what you drain of your chips:beer:
    I like the thanks button, but ,please, an I agree button.

Will the grammar and spelling police respect I do make grammatical errors, and have carp spelling, no need to remind me.;)

Always expect the unexpected:eek:and then you won't be dissapointed
  • If you are having probelms with a clio, a good resource for help is www.cliosport.net/forum free to join and some helpful guys i use the site frequently

there is also a renault forum too but its down at the moment

Also why not try clioclub.co.uk
    Adjusting to life on my own, No wife = spare cash :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

New plastic £50 note in circulation

Inventor and codebreaker Alan Turing is pictured

MSE News

TV MoneySaving tricks

How to save on Sky, Netflix, Now TV, Prime Video and more

MSE Guides

Pret subscription loophole