Freezing cooked chicken

Almo
Almo Forumite Posts: 631 Forumite
Hello all,

I'm halfway through making rice paper rolls with shredded cooked chicken. How successful would freezing the cooked shredded chicken be? I have more than I need (and am trying to watch portion size) and I really don't want to waste it. The rice paper is no problem, that keeps fine so no need to freeze.

Would be grateful for any help!

Comments

• squeaky
    squeaky Forumite Posts: 14,130
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker I'm a Volunteer Ambassador
    Forumite
    Yep, no problem. Wrap it well in cling film or foil to protect it from drying out and getting freezer burn.

When defrosting and reheating - make sure that it is piping hot throughout. That means a minimum temperature everywhere of not less than 72°C

HTH :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 338.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 248.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 447.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 230.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 600.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171.1K Life & Family
  • 244K Travel & Transport