Home improvement grant help needed

I'm entitled to a grant from Warm Front (the assessor is coming tomorrow), but I was wondering if I need more work doing than is covered by the grant, can I apply for a grant from elsewhere too (local council, energy suppliers, etc.) or do they all come under the same umbrella and is the £2700 available from Warm Front the most that anyone can claim?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• roo9
    roo9 Posts: 26 Forumite
    i think the council have stopped doing home repair grants,,instead are home loan grants which you have to pay back by monthy payments,but every council have different rules,phone the grants dept up and ask them.and they can send you the right forms..
  • hi smiley
    i work for Warm Front
    the scheme offers insulation to the loft,cavity wall insulation,draught proofing, repair or replacement to a boiler that has intermittant faults with no heat/hot water, low energy light bulbs, central heating/heaters subject to a survey
    the boiler assistance does depend on tenure of your home
    There is also an energy advice centre 0800 512012 who often keep a database of organisations that may be able to assist with other work
    in some instances the cost of insulation can be taken from other sources so it frees up more funds to assist with heating or boiler work.
    There are no rules to say you cant apply to other companies for other work
    hope this helps
  • Many thanks for your replies. He visited today and said that the boiler didn't need replacing despite being old, so the rest of the work is easily covered by the grant.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure