ATM !!!!-up

Options
hiya
yesterday my OH went to ATM and attempted to withdraw £40, anyway it retained the money but still showed as though it had gone out, so we had to go to the bank and fill in an ATM dispute form, they say it will take upto 28 days to get it back, thing is bacause of this i am having to default on one of my catalogues as we were going to tesco's for the weeks shopping and then had to take out another £40 to go to tesco so fdont have enough cash to pay catalogues and get gas electric etc, is there anything i can do about this?

Comments

• PBA
    PBA Posts: 1,521 Forumite
    Options
    The bank will need to wait for the machine to be checked to make sure the money is there before they can refund you. 28 days is a bit much though, should be back in a week or so, depending on how busy the machine is so how often it gets filled up.
  • natweststaffmember
    Options
    normally the bank will give that sort of timescale as a worst case scenario because if they said for example 10 days and it had not been dealt with then there would be complaints by people saying that they lied to them. 28 days Maximum I would expect.

EDIT: having just read the above. The timescale for an ATM operator to come back to the bank is 10 working days. That timescale is only done once there are checks made and the request sent to the bank. A week to sort the problem is as it stand in banking today, unlikely.
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
  • rach!_3
    rach!_3 Posts: 654 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for the replies.
    funnily enough our new bank is natwest :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure