Options
2»

Comments

• motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,477 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    one2escape wrote: »
    Do not buy a Dell. I work in IT do not buy a Dell. If you buying a PC go HP.

Oh here we go. That old chestnut. :rolleyes:

Well, heres my counter arguement.

Do not buy an HP. I work in IT for ages now do not buy an HP. If you buying a PC go Dell.

And it must be truer because i've worked in IT for ages.....
  • Rockman
    Rockman Posts: 620 Forumite
    Options
    Is the DELL Inspiron 1525 a good spec laptop?

Thanks
    Val :)
  • lesley1960
    Options
    PandaPants wrote: »
    I bought an Apple Macbook today. Most expensive impulse purchase to date. :rotfl:
    Its great, its got bluetooth and i can use a remote control to watch my movies, look at photos and other stuff i cant remember... lol

Highly recommended.

Did you find it hard to get used to the operating system? , i need a new laptop like the look of the Apple macs , but have been told i would find it difficult to get used to? ( maybe i just appear thick lol )

If not the apple i will go for a Dell , the only downside with a dell is the delivery times i find
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,477 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    lesley1960 wrote: »
    Did you find it hard to get used to the operating system? , i need a new laptop like the look of the Apple macs , but have been told i would find it difficult to get used to? ( maybe i just appear thick lol )

If not the apple i will go for a Dell , the only downside with a dell is the delivery times i find

If you need a dell quickly there are resellers on ebay who have the items in stock and will ship next day special delivery. Lookout for a seller called thechef01. Knows his stuff and is typically cheaper than dells prices.
  • darrenfinlayson
    Options
    I have reccomended quite a few of these Acers @ £299, and I have one myself, it's an excellent machine for the money, an it's as reliable as any brand that I have owned. Around a dozen people have also bought one on my reccomendation (i work in IT), and they are all very pleased with their purchase.

The Acer is built, like all laptops (including macs) of industry standard branded parts (toshiba hard drive, sony dvd drive etc), so you know what you are getting. A little known fact also is that Acer are the number 1 laptop manufacturer in Europe in terms of sales, and following their USA Gateway buyout, they are soon to be number 2 worldwide.

On Amazon, £299 with free delivery:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-Aspire-5315-Hard-drive-Accelerator/dp/B000VPJDPM/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=gateway&qid=1202231461&sr=8-1

I also reccommend upgrading the memory to 2gb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport