Laptops

Does anyone know of any good laptop deals about at the minute?
Val :)

Comments

• ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,058
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Dell have a sale until today 30th Jan

www.dell.co.uk
  • PandaPants_2
    PandaPants_2 Posts: 1,978 Forumite
    I bought an Apple Macbook today. Most expensive impulse purchase to date. :rotfl:
    Its great, its got bluetooth and i can use a remote control to watch my movies, look at photos and other stuff i cant remember... lol

Highly recommended.
    Undefeated Wii Fit ski jump champion!
    Vegas Junkie....

Festering_Plates' number one fan! :T
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,452
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    For kick off, have a look at www.hotukdeals.com. Down the right hand side 'Filter by Merchant', type in 'Dell' then pick Dell from the list of three that appears below that. You will then see the latest Dell deals that have been found, and also comments people have left about them. Follow any instructions specifically about the Dell in question, ie, some are free postage that only appears when you go to pay for the item, some need the warranty reduced, sometimes you have to add something to make it cheaper (!). Info like that will always be in the first post. I liked the look of this one....

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/135783/dell-vostro-1500-notebook-1-4ghz-c2/

These deals always link you to Dells site, so you're not having to buy off a third party website.

Another place to check out is www.dmxdimension.com. Check out the Inspiron 6400, Inspiron 1525, Vostro 1000, and Vostro 1500 deals. We bought some Vostro 1000s for work, my choice there would be the one with the TL60 processor - upgrade the battery though, as the standard one only lasts about an hour. Again, this site takes you to Dells own site, so no risk.

You should be able to buy a perfectly usable everyday laptop for about £330 from Dell, or say £380 for something with a bit more go.

I'd avoid apple unless you have a specific need for one or you have a burning urge to spend twice as much money.

Cheers

Paul
  • Milko
    Milko Posts: 658
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    look on these sites

www.ebuyer.co.uk (free p&p over £50 purchases)
    www.savastore
    https://www.aria.co.uk
  • motorguy
    Forumite
    Milko wrote: »
    look on these sites

www.ebuyer.co.uk (free p&p over £50 purchases)
    www.savastore
    www.aria.co.uk

From ebuyers t&c's for the free p&p - "Deliveries only to Mainland UK Qualify. "
  • Milko
    Milko Posts: 658
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    pgilc1 wrote: »
    From ebuyers t&c's for the free p&p - "Deliveries only to Mainland UK Qualify. "

Must have changed their policy, prior to Christmas I bought 4 LCD TVs from them & a Satnav (all seperate orders & all delivered free) :confused:
  • Witless
    Witless Posts: 728
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    pgilc1 wrote: »

I've ordered from sites with that qualifier before - if you enter a postcode rather thn a location it's frequently charged at the same delivery rate.
  • Rockman
    Rockman Posts: 620 Forumite
    Thanks for the help to date. Unfortunately due to my inability to make a decision missed the 30 Jan deadline for Dell offer. Does anyone know if they will be coming up with any new offers soon?

Thanks
    Val :)
  • motorguy
    Forumite
    Rockman wrote: »
    Thanks for the help to date. Unfortunately due to my inability to make a decision missed the 30 Jan deadline for Dell offer. Does anyone know if they will be coming up with any new offers soon?

Thanks

dell deals can change daily. keep following my process for checking houkdeals.com and there'll be more come up. If you're really keen check it twice daily as sometimes the deals only last a couple of hours
  • Do not buy a Dell. I work in IT do not buy a Dell. If you buying a PC go HP.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure