Business Bank Charges Waiver Lifted From Fsa

Options
Is there any truth that the FSA have clarified that this waiver should not apply to Business accounts and that business customers with penalty charges should now issue complaints to their Bank?

I understand that the six years of claim will count up to the present not the 27th July when the waiver took effect. So it's 6 years and a few months.

If this is true, I feel Martin L should make some noiseS on this website and on TV. There are hundreds of thousands of small business who are affected and are not even aware they can claim.

ZOMBIE

Comments

• natweststaffmember
    Options
    I do agree with you. The answer is YES by the way and the link is below. Please read the whole of the article or you will miss the bit about small businesses.
    http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2007/119.shtml
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
  • borgbaiter
    Options
    hi

interesting, is this because businesses are not deemed consumers under the UTCCR?

Borgbaiter
    claimed/settled - Natwest £2,535/£2,535, HSBC visa £80/£80, MBNA £1,258/£1,258, capital one £282/£282, tesco visa £515/£515, HSBC visa £140/£140. HSBC £1,450 MCOL Stayed for OFT case. Chelsea Mortgage charges & cashback £5000/£672. complaints with banks pending OFT Halifax £30, A&L £35. TOTALS £11,325/£5482
  • zombie
    zombie Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    Absolutely correct! Business have completely different T&C's as they are a legal entity in themselves. However, penalties and the way they have been imposed on businesses is still in the OFT's view unfair and illegal.....I think!

zombie
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport