Friends Provident - being taken over?

Options
Hi,

I've had in the post this morning some bumph about JC Flowers making an offer to acquire Friends Provident.

Please does anyone know whether, if you are a shareholder, you would receive any monies if the takeover proceeds?

Also I have a with profits endowment policy with them which I am just selling - would this be eligible for any monies on takeover? Should I stall the sale?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Comments

• kiwifruit_2
    kiwifruit_2 Posts: 4,760 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have received the same piffle as you it seems :rolleyes: wondered if there was anyone who could actually decipher the darn thing lol......
    'Normal' is a dryer setting.
  • Hungerdunger
    Options
    My understanding (which may well be wrong) is that if the takeover went ahead, an offer would be made for your shares at a certain price, which would then be voted on by all shareholders.

However, I don't think there would be any advantage in holding onto your endowment policy. You're probably thinking of the earlier situation where FP changed its status to a plc and we all received shares as we were members.
    "The trouble with quotations on the Internet is that you never know whether they are genuine" - Charles Dickens
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure