Options
2»

Comments

• seftonsun
    seftonsun Posts: 195 Forumite
    Options
    roddydogs wrote: »
    Kens changing it to "All Day", dont know when this starts thou

Ken has said that will be in his Manifesto for the Mayor of London Election. So, unless he gets re-elected it may not happen.
    Hapless wrote:
    But the bus companies don't have to accept anyone with a bus pass, especially if they company is not getting the payments from the council.

It only applies to public bus services, i.e those that are permitted to stop and pick up at designated bus stops. In reality the vast majority of bus services. These sevice, especially in London, only operate under the control of the appropriate local authority (Transport for London) in London and must provide the service in accordance with the T&C's the local authority stipulate. Indeed in London the bus companies tender to operate a sevice and will have been aware of the Freedom Pass that gives 60+ free bus (and tube and tram) travel in London. The London Boroughs are responsible for making a contribution to reimburse the Bus operators the fare for these travellers. Whislt they may threaten not to continue with it, to date there have been no disenters. The method of control is by the local authority witholding passes not the bus company unilaterally deciding who can travel.
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A "Freedom Bus pass can only be issued "Personally" ie you cant apply for one on someones behalf. The Post Office concerned is upstairs-no lift, so how can people who cant climb stairs get one?, or if your disabled you may not even be able to get to the Post Office.
    Any ideas. please dont post "IF you cant get a pass, how can u get on a bus type replys.
  • shelovestobuystuff
    Options
    Travelling expenses to a Hospital appointment can be claimed back if in receipt of pension or benefits.At my local hospital you have to show the bus journey ticket to a cashier at the hospital along with proof of status to be instantly reimbursed.Check into it.
    "Reaching out to touch the stars dont forget the flowers at your feet".
  • lilac_lady
    lilac_lady Posts: 4,469 Forumite
    Options
    Scotland has had free bus passes for over 60s for some time now. You can go anywhere in Scotland so it's a boon, even more so with the price of petrol now. I'm looking forward to it when I qualify.
    " The greatest wealth is to live content with little."

Plato

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family