🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Help Goldfish Nightmare

Options
I had a Goldfish credit card for ages and payed it in full each month. The main purpose was to get asda vouchers back on my spending.

I cancelled it about 7 months ago. About 4 months after cancelling the card the 5,000 limit was still showing as open with Experian so i contacted them who put a note on my file saying i was disputing this with Goldfish. I also contacted Goldfish and told them i wanted it sorting , they said it was defo closed and they would sort it with Experian. 3 months on and no joy and no help off goldfish.

Anyone got any advice ?

Experian Have told me its between me and the lender.

Cheers
:)

Comments

• zx2011
    zx2011 Posts: 309 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What status code is being used against the credit card on your report?

If it's not a "D The account is not being used—nothing is owed." then write to Goldfish requesting an explanation as to what the problem is?

Experian's status codes can be found here:
    http://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/faq/CA1.html#q788
  • datightarse
    Options
    Not quite sure i will look in the morn but other accounts i have had and cancelled all say settled and a date they were settled.
  • jellyhead
    jellyhead Posts: 21,555 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hi, goldfish did this to me too! i had no idea, my credit was perfect but i got turned down for something so i checked my equifax and experian reports and goldfish had messed them up.

goldfish were saying i owed them £750 and in the last 4 years had not paid a penny and the full amount was still owing! that makes me look so awful! i asked equifax and experian to look into it, and registered a notice of dispute. equifax wrote after a couple of months to say that goldfish were not responding to their query, so they removed the account from my records. experian contacted goldfish and were told that the record was correct, therefore experian could do nothing more about it and it was up to me to argue with goldfish. they were not in the buliding they used to be in, so the address they'd given experian was useless. i found out where they were and wrote to them telling them they were messing up my credit record with incorrect figures. no response. after a while i called them and they said 'oh yes, you're right, you have paid it off' and they settled the accounts with experian and equifax - it took 3 months though!
    52% tight
  • CopperPlate_2
    Options
    Exactly the same thing happened to me - something I've added to another thread here. I wrote to Goldfish, after phoning them and getting absolutely nowhere, and asked that they update my credit file to show that the TWO credit cards I had held over a period of about three years were actually closed (both held at separate times but with a combined credit limit of about £6K). I asked them to reply to me once it had been done but, alas, they didn't do that either. I closed the accounts just after Lloyds TSB took them over fully from Centrica and the service just seemed to become more dire.

A check about two months later showed that they had updated the file - so write to Goldfish directly and demand that they action it. I think they are obliged to update your credit file if there are errors on it, which these seem to be!

CP
    ;)
  • CopperPlate_2
    Options
    You should write to the address you have at the back of your credit report - not the ones on your statement as anything you send to those ones will probably end up in the equivalent of a black hole...

I think the addresses in the credit report are specific to credit file queries and at least someone with half a brain and some understanding of the problem will get it instead of the usual "Your call is important to Goldfish..."

CP
    ;)
  • jubaxt
    jubaxt Posts: 218 Forumite
    Options
    i messed around with goldfish for months trying to get my experian record updates-put a note of correction on your experian report and then experian may contact them.good luck
    april 2015-april2016...mark knofler tickets,sarah millican tickets, easter gift box
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport