We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Leaking shower...approx cost to fix?

Options
Hi,

A few weeks ago our Aqualisa shower on the top floor of our house began to leak onto the floor beneath :rolleyes:

We did call a plumber in to have a look and he said that pipe behind the shower is leaking which is causing water to leak below. Unfortunately he never got back to us with a quote.

Its a small enclosed shower which is all tiled and I was just wondering what sort of prices we should be looking at?

Thank you in advance. :money:

Comments

• ormus
    ormus Posts: 42,714 Forumite
    Options
    if the pipe is accessable it should not cost a great deal to repair.
    are you sure its the feed pipe and not the waste pipe underneath the shower?
    in my experience these give more problems than the water feed pipes.
    Get some gorm.
  • askintstudent
    Options
    ormus wrote: »
    if the pipe is accessable it should not cost a great deal to repair.
    are you sure its the feed pipe and not the waste pipe underneath the shower?
    in my experience these give more problems than the water feed pipes.

Hi,

Thanks ormus for your response. The plumber who came in poured some water down the waste pipe as there was some sort of smell coming from there after the leak...we checked downstairs and there was no leak so presumed it must be the feed pipe?

Could you or anyone else give a rough estimate as to what the costs could be just so I have an idea when I get my quotes?

Thanks again.
  • plumb1_2
    plumb1_2 Posts: 4,395 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A few months ago i have to change 2 Aqualisa shower valves in the space of 3 days at 2 seperate households.
    Both of them had hairline cracks in the cartridge houseings.
  • askintstudent
    Options
    plumb1 wrote: »
    A few months ago i have to change 2 Aqualisa shower valves in the space of 3 days at 2 seperate households.
    Both of them had hairline cracks in the cartridge houseings.

Expensive job or......?
  • askintstudent
    Options
    bump......
  • jos22
    jos22 Posts: 249 Forumite
    Options
    askintstudent - you might like to try a similar post in the plumbing section here
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport