We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Rat Cage !

rat cage wanted !

Preferably multi-rat cage for 'infestation' control

anyone know here i can get one cheap BESIDES ebay???

Comments

  • Pennylane
    Pennylane Posts: 2,721
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Round here, people then just put the cage and rat under water and drown it. Personally I couldn't do that. But I suppose it's either that or walk out into the countryside and release it.:confused:

    You can get them at most big pet places or sometimes tack shops/saddleries.
  • can only whack em if i can get at em, which isnt always possible!

    rat traps and poisons have worked with limited sucess
  • mrcow
    mrcow Posts: 15,170
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Have you tried freecycle?
    "One day I realised that when you are lying in your grave, it's no good saying, "I was too shy, too frightened."
    Because by then you've blown your chances. That's it."
  • Pennylane wrote: »
    Round here, people then just put the cage and rat under water and drown it. Personally I couldn't do that. But I suppose it's either that or walk out into the countryside and release it.:confused:

    We've got enough rats out here, thanks :p

    I know many people think of them as a nuisance in towns, but "at home" in the countryside, but they're a real nuisance here too. We have the Council out about 4 times a year to deal with them!! They thrive on grain - either left in the fields after harvest or put out to feed the pheasants on the shoot. Plenty of warm, dry barns and outbuildings for them to nest in, too.

    Don't release them - kill them please :D
    Warning ..... I'm a peri-menopausal axe-wielding maniac ;)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.