We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Fitted Kitchen Dilema
purplecrocus
Posts: 43 Forumite
I have very stupidly signed an agreement tonight for a fitted kitchen.
I agreed to the visit through a phone call from the company. The cost is £4500 without fitting. Other than the standard units, worktop etc., it includes a sink, taps, freestanding cooker, and cooker hood. I have since been searching the internet and realise I could probably get this a lot cheaper. How do I stand if I want to cancel or amend this order??? I have paid a deposit by credit card and signed a credit agreement which as long as I pay the balance in 12 months time there will be no interest to pay.
I agreed to the visit through a phone call from the company. The cost is £4500 without fitting. Other than the standard units, worktop etc., it includes a sink, taps, freestanding cooker, and cooker hood. I have since been searching the internet and realise I could probably get this a lot cheaper. How do I stand if I want to cancel or amend this order??? I have paid a deposit by credit card and signed a credit agreement which as long as I pay the balance in 12 months time there will be no interest to pay.
0
Comments
-
Read this: http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/before_you_buy/be_aware_of/doorstep-selling
"The Regulations give consumers:- The right to a seven day cooling off period, during which they may cancel an agreement to buy goods or services worth more than £35 from a trader whose visit is unsolicited (ie, not requested by the consumer).
- The same right to a seven day cooling off period where a visit by a trader follows an unsolicited doorstep or telephone approach."
0 -
I don't think i'm covered, because the initial conact was in a supermarket where i gave them my phone number as i was interested in getting a quote!!!0
-
You will have a cooling off period. Phone them now.
Or if they have a local showroom pop in and cancell it.0 -
Thank you to PasturesNew and dreaddan, for your responses.
I have rung the company today, and was told that as it's a credit agreement, I have a cooling off period.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards