Reselling an item to lower bidders

Hello,
I bought a pair of trousers from ebay which came today. There was a furious bidding war for the trousers and I won using a sniper. However, am devasted as they came today but don't fit. The seller doesn't offer returns so I'm just going to sell them on. What I was wondering is whether its ok to contact, say, the three bidders beneath me with a link for the item ? I'm pretty sure I'd recoup my cash without this but just a thought. Would this be deemed spamming?

Comments

• Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Probably; but be straight and honest with folk. Give them your telephone number (land line) and they should feel happier dealing with you.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    It is probably against ebay rules as you are selling to ebayers outside of an auction (ie, evading their fees!!), still you could explain the situation and see if anyone is interested.

I've had very little luck even using 'second chance offers' so you might get a better response by relisting the item.
  • pug_in_a_bed
    pug_in_a_bed Posts: 1,975 Forumite
    Sorry I didn't make myself clear - i am planning to relist them myself and was wondering if its ok to email the lower bidders from the auction I won with a link for my auction - ie the item that they lost out on :)
  • jaffa30
    jaffa30 Posts: 19,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Hi

I dont think it would be a problem contacting them.
    Good luck

Jaffa
    R.I.P Sam, still in my heart
  • skylight
    skylight Posts: 10,716 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Home Insurance Hacker!
    You cant do that as it is classed as spamming - but I have come across many emails from ebayers who do that anyway.

I've ignored them. If the 3 underbidders still want the item, they will find it anyway on a search - and you'll attract lots of your own bidders anyway.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    sorry - misread it! yes, i've done that before. Cant see any harm in it. I'd put in the email saying that they were the wrong size for you in case they think they're duff and you are trying to palm them off.
  • I've done it loads of times and had some successes.
    Everyone loves Magical Trevor.
    'Cause the tricks that he does are ever so clever.
  • angelcake
    angelcake Posts: 4,496 Forumite
    I would email them just to let them know they are available for sale again!
    :p:p Angel :p:p
  • HairyHatMan
    HairyHatMan Posts: 374 Forumite
    It is definately against eBay rules to contact buyers in this way. Whilst a lot of people obviously do it with some success, if one of the people you cantact report you to ebay, they could suspend your account.
  • pug_in_a_bed
    pug_in_a_bed Posts: 1,975 Forumite
    cheers all for the replies!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills