How much have you spent today 30/06

Options
i've noticed I only ever post on this thread when I have a confession to make!
hmmm..
anyway, have spent quite alot of money today trying to make myself better. Am due to go on annual leave tommorow and as is practically the rule before I go on holiday am running a temperature and have a throat infection. Currently am sat shivering at my desk having dragged myself into work to tie up some loose ends before I jet off (or stagger off, the way the fever is going) to sunny Cornwall. In aid of getting better have purchased today:

Ibuprofen: 0.99
Echinecia Elixer: £9.99 - its the most expensive brand but its the highest strength you can get and I swear by it!
Immune system booster smoothie thingy: £1.90 (good for the spirits if nothing else)
Orange Juice: £1.00
Big Bottle of Water: 65p
Tub of Ice-cream (for medicinal reasons ok!) £3

So thats: £17.55

which is alot - but I'm £150 over my aimed repayments of £400 this month - and I did get a ton of boots points - so am not too disappointed. And hey, this is one of the BIG bonuses of saving money - its not a huge disastor if you spend a bit when you need to!
I've made my debts bite-size too depressing to look at all at once so am handling them one at a time - first up Graduate Loan £1720 paid off! only £280 to go!!!
Money to raise for tuition fees: £3000
When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on!!

Comments

• Willsnarf1983
    Willsnarf1983 Posts: 1,928 Forumite
    Options
    £87.14

£73.50 on bendable glasses(normally cost over double this but went to a wholesaler)
    £8 hair cut
    £1.89 at tesco

plan to spend another £3.75 on a pint and a fees for a meeting

Will

ps ice cream is medicinal, thats what my mum told me :rotfl:
    SShhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • Mango
    Mango Posts: 167 Forumite
    Options
    I hope you get better quickly Eliza252!! I'm sure the ice cream will do the trick!

I've only spent £2.40 on a sandwich today. I'm lapsing on the home made lunches at the moment - need to get some motivation back :o
  • Alassa
    Alassa Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Hmm, bad day today. Spent £10 on petrol and then £23 in the shop - but bought loads of Homepride Sauces 2 for £1.50 so we will be eating pasta for a while yet :D Also that was including cat and dog food so not really too bad. Still managing to bring in breakfast and lunch with me so saving there.
    Paid off mortgage June 2014 :j
    Trying to save 240k for retirement :rotfl:
  • James240
    James240 Posts: 16,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ive spent £1.06 on a copy of the Sun and a loaf of Bread ......hopefully not spending any more today.

Get better soon Eliza252 :grouphug:
    Savings Total so far for 2023: £8,062.58
  • Trinity_2
    Trinity_2 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    spent £3 on sandwiches and chewing gum

and £10 of my monthly petrol allowance on petrol (im being good)

b/f spent £85 of £100 food budget for the month :(
  • James240
    James240 Posts: 16,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Trinity wrote:
    spent £3 on sandwiches and chewing gum

and £10 of my monthly petrol allowance on petrol (im being good)

b/f spent £85 of £100 food budget for the month :(

Trinity i seriously think u need to move on and drop this guy as ive read ur previous posts and it sounds like all this guy is doing is draining u of money, i think u need to move on what exactly did he spend £85 of ur shopping budget on any way?

all the best

james x
    Savings Total so far for 2023: £8,062.58
  • Trinity_2
    Options
    James240 wrote:
    Trinity i seriously think u need to move on and drop this guy as ive read ur previous posts and it sounds like all this guy is doing is draining u of money, i think u need to move on what exactly did he spend £85 of ur shopping budget on any way?

all the best

james x

I gave him a list of about 7 things (things we really needed, i could improvise with what we already have in the house) so he bought chocloate, scones, crisps,frozen meals, etc etc along with the stuff i asked him to get. I did tell him to just get the stuff on the list.

Yeah, im gonna shut up now about him. I need to deal with it, ive thought for a while he's draining me of money. Im just unsure of what to do about the shopping, I had my £50 drawn out of the bank for the kitty, do i still put it in?
  • JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi trinity....

sounds like you are trying really hard here!!! i was in the same situation a few years ago when my ex husband was spending every penny we had on booze (alcoholic) when i was struggling to pay for everything he wouldnt work though either so we were really struggling and had 3 kids too....

...in the end i realised i had to leave..hard decision to make and also it made me soley financially responsible for the children but it had to be done...

...when two partners are working AGAINST each other financially it creates so many problems

good luck

jamie
    November NSD's - 7
  • Willsnarf1983
    Willsnarf1983 Posts: 1,928 Forumite
    Options
    no if ur gonna drop him keep ur money to urself, be tight to urself and don't give him any money to waste

Will
    SShhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • Trinity_2
    Options
    Thank you. I love this site. I was really down, and at least im beginning to realise that its not my fault that some of the stuff is hapening. Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure