And yet another £2.40 voucher in The Times today (Thurs)

Only one Harpers & Queen voucher in the Times today (around page 6 of the T2 supplement again).

If like me, you get it delivered everyday, that's £9.60's worth in the last 4 days!! w00t!!

Comments

• bluep
    bluep Posts: 1,299 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    LOL. No problem Charlotte, I too bought 5 copies of the Times yesterday not realising I was going to get one today as well!! I bet they have one tomorrow too. In fact, I think I might go back and check mondays before I recycle it!! Shame they arent valid for the August issue - now that would be nice if they didn't expire until 10th of August!!

I have around £150 worth of vouchers now to spend before end of July - hope Waitrose doesn't get nasty about taking vouchers - they say they are happy with them all, but I feel cheeky giving too many over each shop LOL.
  • pesky2
    pesky2 Posts: 2,191 Forumite
    has anyone tried them at Tesco's yet ??
  • I don't understand how these vouchers work. Are they for any particular retailers? Perhaps if someone could give me the link for the original post I can check it out.

Thanks!
  • bluep
    Yes, Charlotte did and had no problem
  • Dormouse
    Dormouse Posts: 5,617 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I used one of these vouchers in Tesco the last time the Times had the same promotion (a few months ago) and it scanned absolutely fine.

Just wish these ones had a longer use by date...
  • needmoney
    needmoney Posts: 4,932 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I don't understand how these vouchers work. Are they for any particular retailers? Perhaps if someone could give me the link for the original post I can check it out.

Thanks!

Hiya mimi I'm a newbie to voucher spending too but I'm assuming that like the other vouchers that if the store you spend it in stock the product the voucher is for then they will accept it whether or not you buy the product, therefore money off your shopping. If this is wrong someone more knowledgeable will correct it.
    Women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs should get used to it.;)
    Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

• bluep
    Yep. Depending on the policy in your local store, they will accept the voucher whether you buy the product or not, AS LONG as they stock it. My Waitrose usually has no problem accepting magazine vouchers and does stock Harpers & Queen, so this should be a good £25 or so off of my shopping before 10th july LOL>
  • bluep
    Charlotte - my store is just north of Stoke-on-Trent. Yes, they take more than one of the same voucher but do go off to the shelves to check they have the product (unless the member of staff knows they stock that specific product). It's a completely different coupon tactic to Tescos - for them I had all my coupons split into sets of one kind of coupon in each set so they wouldn't get any duplicates. With Waitrose its the other way round - I hand them as many of one kind of coupon that I have so they only have to check 3 or 4 products but I get rid of all of that coupon in one go i.e. 10 Bergen bread coupons, 20 King of Shaves coupons, 4 Sunday Mail magazine coupons...etc....

This is actually easier as you can get rid of the ones that are going out of date quickest. My store is a small one, so I have concentrated on gathering the coupons that I know they stock and swopping the others or sellign them on eBay. However, one thing I did do, was check with Customer Services (the "welcome desk" at the front of the store) as once they had completely agreed that it was ok to do that, although I had no problems at the checkout, they would have backed me up if I did.
  • curtic01
    curtic01 Posts: 14 Forumite
    I've just been to a tesco metro near my work to buy a sandwich and drink for lunch (not a good moneysaving tactic i know). As a newcomer to the wonderful world of coupons i thought i'd ask the nice young guy at the till if he could try swiping the times voucher i'd cut out. It swiped! Upshot was my lunch cost exactly £2.40, swipe coupon, means i paid nothing. Is this normal? I thought the supermarkets had a maximum 10% of your shopping in coupons policy?
  • Bennifred
    Bennifred Posts: 3,986 Forumite
    Bit disappointed in Waitrose this morning - I had a trolley of about £60 and they would only let me use two of the Times coupons and two other differents ones (which added up to £4). I guess £8.80 off in total is better than nowt, but I have quite a few more Times vouchers and not too much time :rolleyes: left to use them! Perhaps I should have gone through a regular till instead of using quickcheck?
    [
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport