We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

in door tv aerial

Options
i need to buy a digital compatible indoor TV aerial ther are so many to choose from can anybody help?

thanks
susiesue
Julius Caesar, and the roman empire, couldn't conquer the blue sky

Comments

• sparvar
    sparvar Posts: 222 Forumite
    Options
    I've got an indoor one and I'm in a strong area, it is frustrating, best to get an outdoor aerial. If you do want an indoor one get one fron argos then you can return it if it's rubbish within 16 days and try another one.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • economiser
    Options
    We are not in a strong reception area but find a loft aerial is OK. Didn't fancy climbing on the roof or paying to have it done.
  • cashflow
    cashflow Posts: 65 Forumite
    Options
    I posted this on the 5th January......if you do go to Argos you may wish to try getting this cheap aerial. I don't know what materials they use, but it's the best indoor room aerial that I've bought or seen over the years for freeview viewing..... Telecam TCE2000 aerial ( £10 from Argos; £20 if bought with the built-in booster ). Prior to purchase the weakest Freeview channels on my t.v. had signal-strength readings of about 75%, and now those same channels have signal readings of 90%, or just over!' Let me know what you think if you do decide to try one.
  • sparvar
    sparvar Posts: 222 Forumite
    Options
    I tried a booster, it was rubbish.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • vansboy
    vansboy Posts: 6,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Beware of boosters & amplifiers - they can sometimes make the picture better, but quite often INCREASE any interference!!

VB
  • skintandsad
    skintandsad Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    After reading advice on this very website, I purchased a telecam TCE2000 from Argos for the grand sum of £9.99.

I have it placed on a shelf up high in a downstairs room for use with my 15" freeview tv.

I must say the only time I have any signal problems is if a big lorry pulls up outside my house in front of where the aerial is located - it seems to block the signal.

Other than that - this aerial picks up all of the freeview channels in my area perfectly - I have had it about 6 months with no problems.

At least with Argos, if you buy it, try it and it doesn't work, you can just pop it back for a refund (assuming you live fairly close).
    I'm a nutter :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family