PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Pistachio shells

Hi everyone
After giving up smoking a couple of months ago I took to eating Pistachio nuts like they are going out of fashion!!!icon11.gif
Just a thought but has anyone any thoughts on uses for the shells - its seems a real waste to just chuck them.
Thanks
nels xx

Comments

• MATH
    MATH Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You can buy cocoa shells as a garden mulch. Depends how big ya garden is and how many you eat I spose:p :D Congrats on giving up the weed. 7 months in for me:beer:
    Life's a beach! Take your shoes off and feel the sand between your toes.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    v big garden

millions of pistachiosicon10.gif
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    You could glue them to an old picture frame or box and then spray paint gold or silver?
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • caffeinehit
    caffeinehit Posts: 109 Forumite
    If you've got a small drill, make holes in them and make long strings of shells. Make great wind chimes/christmas decorations/bead curtains...
  • gravitytolls
    gravitytolls Posts: 13,558 Forumite
    well done on giving up smoking.
    I ave a dodgy H, so sometimes I will sound dead common, on occasion dead stupid and rarely, pig ignorant. Sometimes I may be these things, but I will always blame it on my dodgy H.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a grumble weed today, no offence intended ... well it might be, but I'll be sorry.
  • Debt_Free_Chick
    Debt_Free_Chick Posts: 13,276 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    You could use them as drainage chips in pots & planters.

You could compost them, but they'll take an eternity to break down.

If you have heavy soil (clay) you could just dig them in to help aerate the soil and, over time, it should improve the soil condition i.e. counteract the clay.
    Warning ..... I'm a peri-menopausal axe-wielding maniac ;)
  • Nelski
    thanks for all the ideas guys - I want to do them all so I will now need to eat even more pistachiosicon6.gif
  • Mado
    Mado Posts: 21,776 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    If you've got a small drill, make holes in them and make long strings of shells. Make great wind chimes/christmas decorations/bead curtains...

Sounds like an activity that might require some nerve... don't want to test too much your resistance to smoking.
    Well done.
    Stooped 8 years ago and NOOOO regrets.
    I lost my job as a cricket commentator for saying “I don’t want to bore you with the details”.Milton Jones
  • Josie_Jump_3
    Josie_Jump_3 Posts: 367 Forumite
    Did you know that pistachios are only one Weightwatcher point ? So they're a good nut to go for, munch away without fear of eating anything full of fat, also Farmfoods sell big bags for £1 ! A bit of useless info for you !!
  • Nelski
    Mado wrote:
    Sounds like an activity that might require some nerve... don't want to test too much your resistance to smoking.
    Well done.
    Stooped 8 years ago and NOOOO regrets.

:rotfl: I did think that and do they do drills that small - I love the idea though so I was thinking maybe a hot needle.
    8 years - well done I am in awe - still quite painful!

Did you know that pistachios are only one Weightwatcher point ? So they're a good nut to go for, munch away without fear of eating anything full of fat, also Farmfoods sell big bags for £1 ! A bit of useless info for you !!

How many weight watchers points am I allowed cos I get through them like they are going out of fashion!!!! thanks for the tip on farmfoods I will check that out tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure