specsavers nhs voucher

Options
my daughter is choosing glasses frames from specsavers tomorrow, she qualifies for an NHS voucher.

will she get 2 for 1 like the ad says or will the discount only apply to one pair?

she forgot to ask & i just dont know!!
First win 14/12 Playtex bra & Knickers!!!!:beer:
won Rimmel Foundation 08/02:j
Environmental Justice Foundation T-Shirt 11/02:rotfl:

Comments

• badmumof1
    badmumof1 Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Options
    i believe they only get the one pair
    If You See Someone Without A Smile......
    Give Them One Of Yours
  • vickym
    vickym Posts: 686 Forumite
    Options
    I went with a friend of mine last year who was out of work and was claiming under a NHS Voucher and she got the 2nd pair free - once she had picked the first pair she took it to the counter and was told to pick another pair for free.

Hope this helps
    Remember is nice to be important but more important to be nice

• LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    vickym wrote: »
    I went with a friend of mine last year who was out of work and was claiming under a NHS Voucher and she got the 2nd pair free - once she had picked the first pair she took it to the counter and was told to pick another pair for free.

Hope this helps

The current 2 for 1 offer is on pairs costing £75+. Does the NHS voucher cover this amount of spend?
  • vickym
    Options
    The current 2 for 1 offer is on pairs costing £75+. Does the NHS voucher cover this amount of spend?

I think it will depend on the value of the NHS Precription Voucher - it varies depending on the level of prescription lens needed. But say if you only get £40 towards the cost of the glasses - then you could always choose from the £75+ range and pay the difference to get the 2nd pair free

Once an eye test is done they will tell you the amount you qualify for on the NHS Voucher.

Hope this makes sense

• apples1
    apples1 Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    Options
    The nhs voucher is not a discount it is a form of payment towards the specs. Think of it like a cheque from the NHS.

You only get issued one voucher (one cheque) so it can only be used once. Whether Specsavers would decide she still qualifies for their free 2nd pair I don't know. If their offer is free 2nd pair on pairs costing over £75 I would guess not as unlikely her 1st pair would be that much (assuming your daughter is a child!).

By the way she can take her prescription and her voucher from Specsavers to any opticians to get her specs.
    MTC NMP Membership #62 - made it back to size 12 after my children & I'm staying here!
  • artystix
    artystix Posts: 365 Forumite
    Options
    she is a student only 17 so gets £40 voucher
  • artystix
    artystix Posts: 365 Forumite
    Options
    She got 2 designer pairs, for £125, then she got £34.60 off the total price, which brought it down to £90.40 for 2 pairs!!
  • vickym
    Options
    artystix wrote: »
    She got 2 designer pairs, for £125, then she got £34.60 off the total price, which brought it down to £90.40 for 2 pairs!!

Hi Glad your daughter got sorted. Its good value isnt it - if I remember rightly my friend purchased a paid costing £99 last year and got a voucher for approx £38 so she just paid the difference £61 and got the 2nd pair free of charge.

Best wishes
    Vicky

• LondonDiva
    LondonDiva Posts: 3,011 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Remember if you work in an office usind a VDU (computer) your company should pay for an eye test every couple of years & contribute towards the cost of the lenses (usually a samll amount-£20+) - ask what the policy is.
    "This is a forum - not a support group. We do not "owe" anyone unconditional acceptance of their opinions."
  • nedmundo
    nedmundo Posts: 1,160 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    LondonDiva wrote: »
    Remember if you work in an office usind a VDU (computer) your company should pay for an eye test every couple of years & contribute towards the cost of the lenses (usually a samll amount-£20+) - ask what the policy is.

They are only obliged to pay for specs if they are for VDU use only, which in practice is pretty rare!
    Beware the character seeking personal gain masquerading as a moral crusader.
    :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport