Question For Kelloggs36

Options
124»

Comments

• rach28
    rach28 Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    My case is with Bolton and i have to agree with i m sad. The level of customer service at Bolton is shocking. I have been spoken to so many times like im a piece of xxxx (please excuse my language). I have even been told by one advisor i should be grateful im getting something. I do have to say though i have come across one or two advisors at Bolton who where helpful and friendly. I hate having to ring them as its depressing enougth but you just come off the phone feeling worse. All they ever say is they dont know and cant tell you. I work in a call centre for a very well known telephone company and i have to say if i had the same attitude i would of been sacked by now. What makes me laugth the most is that when you call the voice announces that all calls are recorded for safety it doesnt say for training purposes which they definetly need. It was only last week i rang and was advised they would call me back when they didnt and i rang back strangely they had no record that i had rang nor could the advisor find any of the info the previous advisor had given me and these calls are suposed to be record. I live in the south west so why my case is in Bolton i have no idea. Does anybody else know why it would be there?
  • I,M_SAD
    I,M_SAD Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    thank you for msge.I wonder did you deal with bolton clerically too and do you get maintenance.If thats a bit personal,ignore that ok.I have emailed using the website for csa but Bolton as rach mentioned are absent as a website!!wondering if I should do as you did rach and email them all!!well you do get desperate dont you?I last Feb used appeal place in Lytham,St.Anne,s,partly because NRP wont update rather large sal ary increases ,partly I used lack of D.O.E.s.The appeal was in Dec 07 and ive been allowed another £12,000 provisionally for assessment,I think mainly provisional because NRP wont comply with P6O,S ETC. It all sems a bit odd to me though as when I contacted them,obviously they are not csa,but bolton dont respond,they said dont contact them,pointless and appeal nothing to do with non payment of d.o.e,s.Well now I cant find any info on what the appeals do,so wondering is there an a website which defined what appeals will look at,as even though so far,obviously could all change soon,that Im glad they awarded in my favour,its pretty pointless if I,m not even receiving the original assessment.
  • MissMoneypenny
    Options
    kelloggs36 wrote: »
    What happened is that he remortgaged his house and got £25k which was paid to me. There is another £3k outstanding which he has not made any effort to pay. Now, I know for a fact that there IS equity in the property, but the CSA say they won't bother with a charging order as he hasn't!! He bought the house for £100k in about 2001 and others in the street have sold for £200k, so even with the additional £25k loan, there is still lots of equity in the house - I don't believe for one single nano second that his is the only house in the street which is worth only £130k!!!

They made an agreement for him to pay a fiver per week which he failed to do, so they have applied for a Liability Order which is due to be heard mid-Feb. When that is granted, I guess that they will have to go through the charade of appoint bailiffs first which will take weeks on end to return nothing, and then apply for a Committal hearing again!!!

Have you thought about proving that he can afford to pay you your 3k now, by looking at his mortgage deal? Do you get details of that given to you via the csa, ie rate, if fixed and the lenders name (although you get the lenders name from the land registry details for £3, but not the rate and term)?

If you can find a better deal, even if it is for a slightly longer term, you could prove that he would not suffer hardship by taking out this new mortgage for 28k (25 + 3) and giving your 3k now. You would have to factor the fees into it too though.

Back in the 90s, my Barrister employed a financial adviser to do that for my case, but now you have the www for deals, plus all the very knowledgeable people on the mortgages board here.
    RENTING? Have you checked to see that your landlord has permission from their mortgage lender to rent the property? If not, you could be thrown out with very little notice.
    Read the sticky on the House Buying, Renting & Selling board.

• kelloggs36
    kelloggs36 Posts: 7,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    He only remortgaged in August so he isn't going to remortgage again and in any case the fees would be too high- I know the lender but can't recall the name off the top of my head as i have already got the land reg docs. The CSA can't tell me anything about the rate or anything due to data protection which I fully accept nor have I tried to get the info. I already know how much was already outstanding on the mortgage and I do know how much he borrowed as it was paid to me, so he has a mortgage of £125k now.

I don't expect him to pay it off in one go - but I did expect that he may have actually learned his lesson and would comply - but alas no.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure