We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Spare Dyson Dc03 Hose!!

Options
:confused: My OH split the hose on the Dyson....I suppose I should be grateful he knows what a hoover is!! (oops)

Can anyone recommend a good but cheap place to get another?

I was even thinking of trawling our local municpal tip and rummagin through all the discarded Dysons that are dumped there....a bit desperate I know!

I can get one via the Dyson website but that's £20 + p&p. There must be another - cheaper - way. Are there places you can buy universal hoses which fit Dysons?

You suggestions are really welcome!

Thank you!
Wilkies5

Comments

• rev229
    rev229 Posts: 1,045 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary PPI Party Pooper Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    This happened to our DS07 so sent husband to the dump for spares, however after a few weeks the hose split on that also. There are always loads of dysons at the dump I would try there first.
  • kittenpea
    Options
    definately try the recycling centre I got my hose from there and other extra bits and pieces
    £2400 mb profit so far since 01/11/08

!!!!!!!!!I am a scrooge and proud of it!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Poppycat
    Poppycat Posts: 19,913 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
  • kbh4031
    kbh4031 Posts: 1,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    try freecycle, dontdumpthat or similar, post a wanted ad, maybe someone has a broken one that they dont want. The same thing happened to mine some months ago and a kind lady gave me hers, i took the parts i wanted off and put the rest back on freecycle, it was snatched up ;)
  • jeannieblue
    jeannieblue Posts: 4,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've always found Dysons themselves to be very efficient and the parts inexpensive.
    Genie
    Master Technician
  • poet123
    poet123 Posts: 24,099 Forumite
    Options
    I need the same for my DCO4. Any help appreciated.
  • amandada
    amandada Posts: 1,168 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I got a new hose for mine from ebay a while ago-can't remember the seller but it was only about £6
  • biggus_richus
    Options
    Search on ebay for 'dc03 hose' and you'll find about half a dozen new and used.
  • ilikepoints
    Options
    Be sure to get teh new type of DC03 hose. Older Dc03s have thin (but very flexible hoses). The better DC03s have hoses which are harder to use but thicker plastic and MUCH MUCH more durable.

If you get the old type it is a complete waste of money as it is basically a design flaw.

The same probably applies to most older Dysons (though I only have experience of DC03s so cannot be sure).
  • Debt_Free_Chick
    Options
    Dyson spares also available on Amazon
    Warning ..... I'm a peri-menopausal axe-wielding maniac ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport