We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Cheap Breadmaker
Comments
-
I havent tried that breadmaker, my only evidence on breadmakers is from friends and family, but if which? & you say it's good it must be good!If you dont ask for discount you don't get discount0
-
I bought a Pansonic breadmaker, which has been wonderful and I use it all the time. Lots of my friends brought cheaper models and they just ann't as good. Most of my gadgets have ended up at the back of the cupboard, but I love my breadmaker.So many shoes, so little time....0
-
I bought a Pansonic breadmaker, which has been wonderful and I use it all the time.
another vote for panasonicIf you dont ask for discount you don't get discount0 -
I have been VERY impressed by the Morphy Richards 48280 Breadmaker bought for 39.97 GBP from Amazon (cheapest straight buy price two weeks ago) with free delivery.
I also buy bread mix in a packet (Wright's Mixed Grain) and the results are light-years from bought bread. This machine is absolutely fool proof (and I'm a bloke!!) I have tended to put it on overnight so I wake up to the smell of fresh bread (makes a change from my own wee - joke!!!)
I add a small handfull of mixed seeds to the mix at mid way point (machine even beebs and tells you when to do it). This makes it even nicer.
I suspect the ones that end up in a cupboard unused are either hard to use, hard to clean, don't work too well, or are generally too much of a mission.
It is easier for me to make my own than pop to the shop to buy a loaf. Using the ready mix does make it even easier. I think it costs around 55p for a 500g loaf (medium/large sized).
The Panasonics are very well reviewed but cost around 30-40% more and I decided it wasn't worth it. I think the Morphy Richards 48280 won some Which or Good Housekeeping 'Best Buy' award!
As usual ... cheap and good value don't always mean the same thing!!0 -
This bread maker by Panasonic is the updated version of the SD206 and SD251 models and is the Rolls Royce of bread making machines. Voted 10 out of 10 by Good House Keeping magazine and 5 out of 5 by the Times it produces a loaf with a good flavour, springy texture and a soft but flaky crust.
In short it will allow you to make (with very little effort) fresh bread daily - no more running out when you run out and plus you know exactly what has gone into your loaf before you eat it.
It includes the following modes - Basic Bread, Rasin Bake, Sandwich Bake, Super Rapid, French Bread, Pizza, Cake and Tea bread - and has the following features:
- The option to make a medium, a large or an extra large loaf
- A crust colour control.
- A rapid 1 hour 55 minute bake setting.
- A 10 minute power interruption memory.
- A non-stick bread pan for easy removal of your loaf.
- An automatic raisin or nut dispenser which adds to your ingredients at the right moment.
- A gluten free program.If you dont ask for discount you don't get discount0 -
Thank you all for having a look around i shall certainly look into some of the different makers about and hopefully i shall be purchasing one very soon.0
-
and..................my breadmaker is used every day and the other gadget that gets a big thumbs up in this household is the Kenwood Smoothie maker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!0
-
I thought this was interesting from an esure survey:
Useless Gadgets Link shortened
Three quarters of UK adults spend, on average, £73.85 on household items they once believed would be invaluable but have rarely, if ever, used since.
My nomination for useless gadget used once then put in the cupboard is my AWT Breville cappuccino/expresso machine bought for half price in the sales (now I know why) which takes so long to use and twice as long to clean that I could walk to Starbucks and buy one, drink it and walk home in half the time it takes to use the damn machine.0 -
My most expensive unused "gadget" was a morphy richards steamer. I fell in love with it at the ideal home exhibition after seeing what a fantastic cleaning job it did. It takes so long to heat the damn thing that it's quicker to get a cloth and flash out!So many shoes, so little time....0
-
I bought one from Adsa and its great, but I only use it for fancy bread, no good for everyday bread and toast its cheaper to buy bread then. I buy the Wright's mixes and eat it in one sitting. Home made bread is best eaten on the day it is made. If you go on the Wright's web site they tell you all about the mixes and where to buy them, some are under supermarkets own brand. This is making me hungry, think I will go and make some cheese and onion bread for lunch!!!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards