We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Cheap Breadmaker

I am after a cheap breadmaker the cheapest I have found is £24.95 at Woolworths can anyone find anything cheaper for me please.
«13

Comments

  • If you live near me you can have mine for nothing!! I bought it used it for a month or so then put it in the cupboard and forgot about it.
  • Whatever anybody says, and i cant offer advice as to where you should get one, but make sure it has a programme timer on it, because I bought a cheap one and it does not have one.

    You cant wake up to the smell of fresh bread then >:( >:( >:(
    Waddle you do eh?
  • Sub_2
    Sub_2 Posts: 113 Forumite
    Whatever anybody says, and i cant offer advice as to where you should get one, but make sure it has a programme timer on it, because I bought a cheap one and it does not have one.

    You cant wake up to the smell of fresh bread then >:( >:( >:(


    Would you be able to cheat and just use a plug in timer in the wall socket? Works fine with my washing machine to set it going in the middle of the night on the cheap electric, but not sure about with a breadmaker... *shrug*

    Put everything in the bread machine set it going then turn the power off, and have the timer turn it back on again at 4am or whatever?
  • neilk_2
    neilk_2 Posts: 94 Forumite
    have a look in Asda as they seem to have them for less than £20, although someone on another forum reckons to have got one for £8.75?
  • Sub_2
    Sub_2 Posts: 113 Forumite
    Ooooh, how about this, I just ordered this one myself.....

    https://www.empirestores.co.uk have a Morphy Richards breadmaker for £49.95 (order code HK0566) and you can use a £25 pound off voucher with the order to halve the price. Voucher code is PB1364.

    The minimum spend for the 25 quid off is 50 pounds so you have to add something else, I found some mens pants in the sale for £3.50 (order code CM7171). Total order price was £28.40, delivery is free.

    I think, but ain't positive, that this is the breadmaker amazon are selling for just under £40, which is the best price I was able to find for it before spotting this.

    I couldn't get the empire online ordering to work for me, it just sent me round and round in bloody circles, so I placed order by phone.
  • Lara
    Lara Posts: 2,881 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I've gone through and found some childrens socks - Harry Potter ones for £3.49.

    Does the code you quote come off after you have selected payment? I don't want to carry on and end up paying the full price. Incidentally I think this is the bread maker Boots were selling for just under £20 in their sale.
  • sablade
    sablade Posts: 399 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    I and many other people tried a cheap breadmaker and were disappointed with the results thus not using it, I recommend either buy uncut shop bread or a panasonic sd-253

    this will prob upset other breadmaker owners but I say try the bread from this machine then you will all chuck out your cheapie breadmaker and buy this one

    I should be on commission but the reward I get is new panasonic owners agreeing with me

    Initially this machine was £120 but now it's £40 off

    amazon.co.uk
    Panasonic SD253 Breadmaker with Nut Dispenser
    Panasonic

    Our Price: £79.97


    Delivered FREE in the UK when you select Super Saver Delivery. See details & conditions

    Availability: usually dispatched within 24 hours

    reviews:
    http://www.ciao.co.uk/Panasonic_SD253__5325461/TabId/2
    If you dont ask for discount you don't get discount
  • sablade
    sablade Posts: 399 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    sometimes, yes sometimes in life you get what you pay for!
    If you dont ask for discount you don't get discount
  • Lara
    Lara Posts: 2,881 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I bought a Goodmans one from Tesco in their sale two years ago. Reduced from £129 supposedly :-/ down to eventually £40. It's been brilliant, so suppose I'm lucky eh? Compared to my sisters Panasonic there isn't any difference :-/.

    I buy the Wrights mix from Asda or Tesco own white bread mix. Just put water in, add contents of bag and hey presto that's that! 3hrs 26 mins later cooked and it doesn't last long either ::).
  • Sub_2
    Sub_2 Posts: 113 Forumite
    I and many other people tried a cheap breadmaker and were disappointed with the results thus not using it

    Well, if this model available at empire is the one that me and Lara think it is, then it was Which? magazines nominated Best Buy in the breadmaker comparison test they did a while back.

    That's good enough for me.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.