woman on bbc 5 live in over £100k and srill blowing it..

Options
Did anyone listen to five live's phone in on friday 11th when vistoria Darbyshire spoke to a woman who was £100,000 in debt, she was 28, and had worked out her debt free date at being over thirty years from now?

She had previously been taking 3 or 4 holidays abroad a year, and spending fortunes. She said that she and her husband would change their cars every six months.

Even though she knew she had to do something about her situation, she admitted to having spent a fortune on her children at Christmas because she didn't want to deny them all the nice things their friends had. Sounds to me like she is breeding some spoiled kids there...

I e mailed five live and suiggested this lady get real about her situation and get onto these boards, but they didn't mention it, in fact they seemed to think it was an amusing situation.. It certainly wasn't treated as a serious item.

Comments

• mrsmortenharket
    Options
    She will end up bankrupt.

I will feel sorry for her kids as they are innocent & don;t know any different if they are used to having everything. It'll be a useful but haesh lesson for them.

The couple are idiots.

Lisa
  • maninthestreet
    maninthestreet Posts: 16,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Sometimes, you just can't save a person from themself.
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • **Amy**
    **Amy** Posts: 2,680 Forumite
    Options
    Blimey... i know i buried my head, and I know my sister did.

She ended up going bankrupt last year, it was her last ditch attempt and its not a nice thing.

When will the country start wising up that its NOT a good thing to be in debt??

xx
    Debt: just my mortgage :D
  • MidlandsMum
    Options
    Was it the same woman who was on the programme that was on ITV last night? The one with the interesting hairdo and a 3 year old with a "shoe fetish"?

She had 23 cards, and owed almost £104,000 on them. Her household income was around £3000 per month and the repayments are around £2000 per month. I cant really figure that out, she owes almost 10 times what we do and we pay a quarter of what she does? :confused:
  • debrag
    debrag Posts: 3,426 Forumite
    Options
    she prob just like the life she lives so doesn't care then here DFD is.

Oh god that woman from the tv show - a 3 yr with a foot fetish !!!!!!!!!!!!
  • **Amy**
    **Amy** Posts: 2,680 Forumite
    Options
    Flippin eck... a 3 year old with a shoe fettish? Thats rediculous...

x
    Debt: just my mortgage :D
  • MidlandsMum
    Options
    Well, not just that, but the word "fetish" is a bit inappropriate to use regarding a toddler!

Or is that just my twisted mind?:rotfl:
  • sallyx
    sallyx Posts: 15,815 Forumite
    Options
    I saw that last night and couldnt believe what I was seeing...talk about bringing up her daughter to get into debt! Shoe fettish at 3....come on, get real lady!
    I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change And breakaway. I'll take a risk, take a chance, make a change and breakaway ....
    Finally Debt Free...
  • moneydesperate_x
    Options
    **Amy** wrote: »
    Flippin eck... a 3 year old with a shoe fettish? Thats rediculous...

x

LOL laughing-smiley-014.gif
    Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day, teach him how to fish and you will feed him for a lifetime

Finally dealing with my whopping debt!
  • barron_hard_up
    Options
    Was it the same woman who was on the programme that was on ITV last night? The one with the interesting hairdo and a 3 year old with a "shoe fetish"?

She had 23 cards, and owed almost £104,000 on them. Her household income was around £3000 per month and the repayments are around £2000 per month. I cant really figure that out, she owes almost 10 times what we do and we pay a quarter of what she does? :confused:

didn't see her on tv, but it sounds like the same woman. I just can not believe how they get to such a state then be so unbothered by it. it would be so interesting to have her post a few of her thoughts here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure