PaP/Moozie's What will you spend/have you spent today Saturday 12 January 2008 thread

Options

Comments

• penguin83
    penguin83 Posts: 4,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    NSD yeay! - However expecting a huuuge vets bill from yesterday so will never be able to spend money again when that comes in! x
    Pay Debt by Xmas 16 - 0/12000
    There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.
  • postingalwaysposting
    Options
    thanks rog

weekly challengers the thread will be up in a mo.

Spends for me
    £1.20 ~ 2* bacon baps
    £0.15 ~ tea
    £0.30 ~ 2* choc milk

i then spent £22.76 in hobby craft however i had £20.00 worth of vouchers... however the main thing i brought doesnt fit on my work surface :rolleyes: so that will need to go back and a smaller one brought :o
  • poorbabe
    poorbabe Posts: 896 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening everyone :D

Today's spends all budgetted for:
    • £12.50 on a DialNow account so I can call mobiles in Jamaica as cheaply as possible (from my personal allowance)
    • £5.19 in Lidl (from food budget)
    • £2 on 2for1 Jacobs crackers and a packet of Tetley's (ditto)
    • £1.35 on Jamaican bread (ditto)
    Actually the £12.50 means I'll have to have more NSDs during the rest of the month, so I don't have to take from other pots or use my overdraft :eek:. Food budget is on track, at the moment.

Update: Forgot to add I also put away 50p in my sealed bottle.
  • Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    Options
    £6.99 on a much needed windscreen wiper. Should have bought it from eBay but I've bought the wrong one before so I went to Halfords to make sure I got the correct one! :rolleyes:
    Went to the supermarket with a strict list which should have been no more than £11 but I made the mistake of taking OH with me - £55 later :eek: but he offered to pay when I had a stressie, so although its joint, he's paid for it. We still have £93 left for the months food but I wanted to get it very low. :(
    Will stop waffling now!
    Catt xx
  • Hi rog, PAPs et al.

Today I spent £9.99 on oil for my car, £0.75 on cornflour, and £17.62 on posting birthday gifts for my two sisters. One lives in New Zealand, the other one in South Africa. Not to bad as I didn't waste any money today, so I am happy with that.

And tonight for dinner I'm having steak, salad, egg and chips, HM of course and out of my freezer, so don't need to spend any money there. Have a good evening everyone.

Cheers
    CTFG
    x x x
    LBM Feb 09[STRIKE] £64 427.32[/STRIKE] £13 700.59! Sub £15 000!
    DFD July 2018
    GC 01Dec ~ 30Dec £40.00 SSF £00.00
    NSD 00/20 WSC (08~14) £13.59 SSF £00.00 DFW Nerd 319 Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts!
    "Captain Jack Harkness! When will you learn that you can't solve every problem by shagging it?!"
  • mrsmortenharket
    Options
    Today I spent
    Parking at the shopping centre £2.50
    Parking for a kids party £3.60
    lunch (me & 2 kids) £6.20
    Books (for kids) £13.96
    clothes (kids) £33.00
    uniform (kids) £14.00
    car valet £20.00

I know the car valet is a luxury but it was minging. My garage is on a block no where near my house so I can't stretch the hoover there. And it was covered in black yuk from the road. Oh & it has a MOT on Mon so I thought if it was spotless they might be nice ;)

So in total £95.96.

Payday friday & have enough money to last till then, so I am :D

Lisa
  • Scottish-Diva
    Options
    A nsd for me
    hoping this will carry on for tommorrow and maybe monday, that would be fantastic.:rotfl:
  • angelflower_2
    Options
    so far nothing but heading out to post an amazon parcel shortly and a friend is coming over...always seem to spend money when i go out with her :( I must have a chat with her about that - but maybe tomorrow.....;)

Ok, so confession time....bottle dc, pkt skittles, 2 cream eggs.......£2.12 (but paid for it in boots points)

THEN....when we stopped again, large pkt skips and a lucky dip for tonights lottery £1.50.

Total spend £3.62 all extravagance and bad for my hips :( However, is normally SO much worse than that so am not going to beat myself up too much.
    DFW 228 LONG H 68
    DFD 2017 :eek:
  • headoutthesand
    Options
    Not at all money saving but loving everybit of it...

£6.50 - Chicken Currie, fried rice and chips :j
    £0.99 - 2ltr of Irn Bru :j
    £0.51 - packet of minstrels :j
    £1.00 - can of Red Bull (sugar free) to mix with my vodka from christmas :beer:

Guess who has the house to herself for the night and making the most of it

xxxx
    Official DFW nerd no 551 - proud to be dealing with my debts
    Debts as of March 2014
    Nationwide - £5745, Overdraft - £350,
    Debts as of January 2015
    Nationwide - £4997, Overdraft - £0:j
  • skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 12,688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    oops bought a skirt (was a bargain though) £8 and lunch £5. an expensive day for me but I can still remember when that would have been nothing!
    Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Aug 28/Current Aug  35

Mortgage OP 2024 £2350/7000

Mortgage balance: £52262

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills