We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Cheaoest car for insurance

I'm looking at saving up for my first car. I'm not too sure which sort would suit me best - something small with good MPG would be great (something like Corsa).

I'll be buying second hand but I'm trying to find out what is the cheapest car to insure for those that have newly passed their test (0 years no claim).

I'm 26 and will be hopefully taking my test this year so would be nice to have a target amount to save up to.

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

  • firemeup
    firemeup Posts: 56 Forumite
    Hiya! I passed my test last november and got a little P reg Fiesta, costing £700 second hand. I am also 26 and my insurance was £496 fully comp using Tescos. I think for my first years insurance this is very cheap! It costs just over £35 to fill up the tank with petrol and that lasts me a couple of weeks normally. Hope that helps :)

    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 748
    Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts
  • hartcjhart
    hartcjhart Posts: 9,463
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    try here for info on insurance groups,

    http://www.parkers.co.uk/insurance/
    I :love: MOJACAR
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.