1899 or Skytalk?

Options
We have an on-going battle in our house re phone calls - my dh seems to have the phone permantly attached to his ear!

I have tried various ways to cut our phone bills (when he was working at the fishing and phoning boats mobiles £300 was a about the average 1/4!!!!)

I got it down to around the £120 per 1/4 using BTs all-calls-free options but still having bother with calls to mobiles.

Switched to 1899 - got our last bill in and it was still £40 for the month (and thats not including BTs line rental) A lot of mobiles (starting to hate mobiles - its always "ring-me-back-i-have-no-credit") but actually it was sheer number of calls at 3p per call (yes - the talking is free but when you make as many calls as he does it mounts up)

Solution no 1 would be to chop his arms off (or sew up his gob) - perhaps too drastic....I have now taken to hiding the phone (how sad is that!!!) or stand next to him when he is talking and tapping my foot!! - rotten eh?????

Anyhoo - saw an advert in the Sky magazine for Sky extra 40 package - £13.99 for free phone calls all the time and 40% off the 2 UK mobiles you talk to most. I checked the website and it does say that theres no connection fee so the calls are actually free - well it actually says....

"A minimum call charge of no more than 5p applies to all calls except those at "no charge" or "per call rates""

Does anyone have this and have they found it ok?
Kondo'ed 76 items from wardrobe, 4 carrier bags of books
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport