please help if u can

Options
Caz2_2
Caz2_2 Posts: 199 Forumite
Hi has anyone on here ever heard of connect telecom uk. They took money out of my bank this morning by DD. Bank gave me a phone number to call, it was an 0808 number and it kept transfering then some one speaking another language answered. I phoned the bank back and all future DDs have been cancelled. I did a google search as bank suggested and phoned direct inquries. I cant find the company on the internet and given a different number where line goes dead. I think it is a con. Does anyone know of this company, if its not genuine people have to be warned. I did not sign a mandate for this or give permission for it. Thankyou to anyone who can help
caroline

Comments

• derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Under the DD guarantee your bank is obliged to refund your disputed DD immediately, and as you have already cancelled any future DD's to this company,then don't bother with any more phone calls as the problem is sorted. icon7.gif
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• mike_paterson
    mike_paterson Posts: 1,473 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This is from call18866 or 1899 - my setup email stated:
    Payment is handled by Bibit and the name Bibit may appear on your bank/card statement. Depending on the issuing bank payments may also be shown as Connect Telecom.
    To infinity and beyond!
  • Caz2_2
    Caz2_2 Posts: 199 Forumite
    Options
    thankyou. I am with 18866 so it must be them who has taken it, which is ok. Thankyou very much if someone can wipe this thread now i would be grateful.
  • April2
    April2 Posts: 508 Forumite
    Options
    Caz2 wrote:
    thankyou. I am with 18866 so it must be them who has taken it, which is ok. Thankyou very much if someone can wipe this thread now i would be grateful.
    Now that you've told the bank to cancel though, you're likely to have problems with 18866 next time they try to make a DD call.

Suggest another call to your bank.
    Their - possessive pronoun (owned by them e.g. "They locked their car").
    They're - colloquial/abbreviated version of 'They are'
    There - noun (location other than here e.g. "You can buy groceries there") OR adverb (in or at that place e.g. "They have lived there for years") OR adverb (to or towards that place e.g. "Go there at noon") OR adverb (in that matter e.g. " I agree with you there").
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure