We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Debenhams online
fabsaver
Posts: 1,347 Forumite
I placed my first ever online order with Debenhams at the weekend using discount codes from the MSE codes forum. The order seemed to go through without any problems and I received a confirmation email from Debenhams showing all of the discounts.
This morning I had a call from my credit card company querying suspected fraudulent transactions. I discovered that Debenhams have charged my credit card with an amount significantly higher than I authorised when I placed the order.:mad:
Surely they cannot do this? A shop cannot decide to charge a higher price after an order has been placed.
I could perhaps have understood it if they had contacted me to say there is a problem with the codes and given me an option to pay a higher price or cancel the order. But to just charge my credit card like that is appalling. So far they have completely ignored all of my emails.:mad:
This morning I had a call from my credit card company querying suspected fraudulent transactions. I discovered that Debenhams have charged my credit card with an amount significantly higher than I authorised when I placed the order.:mad:
Surely they cannot do this? A shop cannot decide to charge a higher price after an order has been placed.
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards