We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.Old Style Daily Wednesday 07 Oct 2026
Good morning all.
Comments
-
Morning Everyone
Thanks for the start Gers. Hope you got your hearing aid fixed.
It's cold this morning but clear and dry, would be nice to have more sunshine today.
Once home yesterday I had a happy hour in the garden, cut the grass and cleared away some dead plants, definitely autumn!
Glad you got your sofas ordered dp1.
Hope your coughs have subsided TA and Chrisca.
Hope you enjoyed your trip out with your DDad Coxy.
Sad to hear of your client's illness Izzy.
Off to work for me, we've a 50th anniversary show on Friday so it's all systems go!
Take care. XX
12 -
Morning folks and thanks GERS for the new thread. It looks grey and gloomy out there and not much in the way of sunshine is forecast. It feels a bit chilly too so I have popped the heating on for a quick blast to warm the place up.
Not much happening today, unless something unexpected comes along. Yesterday was a good day. Flu jab over and done with. I am still thinking about the Covid jab as numerous people have been saying unpleasant things about it this year. I had a nice lunch with DF yesterday and it would have been quiet other than two men having a very loud conversation across the room at each other with us between them. Although one did say sorry for being so loud afterwards. I think because of the mucky looks we were giving them! But we couldn't hear ourselves speak.
But best news was DD's appointment went well. She was given the all clear and told not to worry about the discharge and infection as it can be quite normal with lymph glands, She was offered some tablets (she'd forgotten the name) but they said they can come with nasty side effects and because her tumour was so small they don't particularly recommend them but it was her choice. She declined and is now awaiting a short radiotherapy course when healed. So we can all relax for now.
Have a good day folks if you can with ((HUGS)) for our poorlies, sad or lonely. x A quick ps CHRISCA I've been told this coming and going tickly cough is doing the rounds hereabouts, with lots getting it, and can last for weeks. Blimey. x
"If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"11 -
Morning all
Pouring with rain here and meant to get worse and worse during the day, it’s chilly too so we may light the log burner later.
I’m off to mums this morning for a couple of hours I will change her bed and do her a couple of meals for today / tomorrow, this afternoon I am going to meet a lady regarding a job so hopefully it will go well.
I booked the flights for Budapest yesterday 😀 I have a couple of options for accommodation so will have a look at them today / tomorrow.
Dinner tonight was going to be a buratta and tomato salad with chips on the side it’s not really the weather for it so may change things around.
Getting hope you got your hearing aid sorted x
Have good days all and take care xx
10 -
Morning all
Weather forecast threatening a very rainy day here nearly all day.
@TravellingAbuela oh heck that's something to look forward to then…NOT! One minute I feel OK, then I don't. Oh well I'll just have to take it as it comes and hope it slowly fades away. At least I'm glad I'm retired and can just sloth about!
I've got my flu jab later this morning so that's something to look forward to lol
I did a little bit of ironing yesterday so will finish it today once I get up out of my pit!
Glad DD's appointment went well @TravellingAbuela
Have a good day all x
9 -
morning everyone off out to a cleaning job soon it’s chilly and damp here I think the rain has to ease off . TA good news for your DD you can all relax a little bit now . Not a lot happening here just same old I’ve got my book club tonight which I’m looking forward to but otherwise housework. Thinking of all the poorlies hugs to those that need them have a good day everyone whatever you are doing
10 -
Good morning
Dark and raining here, but should clear up during the morning. I've just got up, I was lying awake for hours then dozed off just after 7. Don't feel any better for it though.
No plans for today at present, DH has ordered some parts from a company in the next town. They will ring when they are delivered to them. If so I may go with him and pop into the supermarket for bread. Oh, and there's a bee and em there, will have a look in there.
Therefore there are no plans for dinner tonight, I really fancy sausage and mash, but have to buy sausages. Other options in the freezer if not.
TA, good news for your DD.
Have a good day all, take care.
10 -
Good morning , thanks for starting Gers.
Glad your Dd received positive news yesterday TA.
In reply to comments about our hairdresser, she is wonderful. She's done our hair for just over 40 years, then, she was about 20 - 21, and we were around late 30's, 40 ish.. A few years ago she started to work from home. She doesn't have many clients now, and doesn't work the long hours that she used to. We've seen each other through all sorts of life events, good and bad. She truly is a lovely person!
WWe are going to Dobb*es for coffee this morning, no reason, just because we feel like it!
Thoughts to poorly and/or sad people.
Take care folks.
10 -
that’s good news for DD ,TA much relief
Dull and dreary here ,very still so maybe rain later
DGD is coming this morning ,hopefully she’ll tell me about re recent Turkish holiday ,she’s on a late at work today so will have lunch with me ,have put the slow cooker on .
Definitely autumn now
Not much else has today
Stay safe all
10 -
Great news TA!
8 -
Morning again - I've been slowly changing the bedding, keeping an eye on my heart rate on the watch. It's almost alarming if I let it alarm me, I'm learning to relax a bit about it.
That's such great news @TravellingAbuela - now I hope that the intense worry has gone.
My hearing aid is fixed, the lovely technician had changed the unit last week, this week he changed the tubing so all is back to being crystal clear. My meeting about volunteering also was good, ready to start when they are able to gather the wee group together. I was sent the online learning resources which are pretty poor, must keep quiet though and quietly alter them to use.
The washing machine is on the go, sadly the bedding won't go out on the line as there is rain, dark clouds and an absence of sun. It came out for a wee while yesterday, more of a fleeting visit really.
Take care all, booking holidays, hearing about holidays and shopping are all good things to do today. Hugs to all. xx
9
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
