We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Disabled assistance request: CEL just gave me a CCJ.
Hi guys,
I've been reading through the newbie thread, but unfortunately my particular combination of ADHD and Autism is making it extremely challenging to absorb information and engage with the advice unassisted! There's an enormous amount to read, and I've been struggling to focus on it and understand relevant next steps to myself, so I'm hoping I can get some personalised guidance from you lovely folks?
A CCJ was issued against me by CEL only a few days ago. Thankfully, I've caught it early entirely by accident.
I've managed to find the details of the complaint, and think I understand what happened. (I believe a car I previously kept was moved by a nearby garage employee during the day of its MOT into a parking spot managed by CEL on behalf of another business.)
While I'm happy to try and fight this, I'm also happy to attempt to pay just to make the CCJ go away before it sticks (heresy, I know, but I'm more afraid of the CCJ's impact on my life than the loss of money right now.)
I'm happy to discuss anything and everything about this, but I'd like some advice on what specifically I need to do, if somebody is able to help me pinpoint the required information to make next steps. I would also appreciate a heads up about what things I can and cannot say, or how to appropriate utilise language to avoid any issues that may arise from posting here.
Comments
-
The most important thing is the DATE of the judgment. If you pay the full judgment amount within one calendar month of that date, you can have the CCJ removed from the register, rather than having it sit on your credit record for six years.
2 -
What is the date of issue of the judgment? When you say a car you previously kept, do you mean you were the registered keeper and you sold it? Did you receive a N1SDT court claim and ignore it?
2 -
The judgement was issued 28/09/2026. When I input the details I obtained from the Civil National Business Centre into the CEL website, the amount is different. When you try to call CEL, nobody picks up (I repeat-called for four hours today, non-stop.) How do I know that paying this different amount will remove the CCJ? I've also seen in the Newbie thread that paying the company won't remove the CCJ, because they aren't required to remove it?
Date is above; 28/09/2026. I was the keeper at the time, the car has since been scrapped. I am not aware of an N1SDT; I moved home around four months ago (on short notice, as an emergency.)
Having just been through my entire filing cabinet, I can find no N1SDT in the correspondence I have received.
1 -
If you didnt update your V5 when you moved house, everything will probably have gone to your old address.
2 -
This is perhaps where it gets even more complex; the car itself was actually scrapped only a few weeks before the move, so there was no V5 to update.
1 -
"
repeat-called for four hours today, non-stop"Don't call them. There might be a better way.
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD2
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

