We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Santander
Back in June - I was asked to take in my documents , when i opened and ISA and transferred funds from my current account. I did this on the 16th June.
Two days later on the 18th I was asked to take further documents which I did, I was a bit put back because of having to go in twice, the journey and the wait time, i mentioned this to the person who helped with un-blocking this account etc.
On the 30th I got a letter aplogising for this and assuring me that my account had been re-instated, I could then go back on line and check the account and on two occasions in the last months from June to now I have used the account.
On the 15th September I got a letter, that says, You have not logged on in a while, please log in, if you have any problems contact us.
I logged on and my account was blocked, so I rang and was told the account did not exist any more, could I prove I had this account, did I have any statements, where was my card? and why hadn't my husband provided his documents, been a little taken aback, i didnt ask why they needed my husbands documents for my account.
Then they blocked my husbands account!! he rang the next day and he was told that we shoundn't have the same e-mail or mobile numbers and that is what has caused the problem, when he checked his account he has his own mobile on there but with the same e-mail, since changed to a new one, so we thought if that was the problem it will be solved, they re-instated my husbands immediately, but mine was still not activated.
So off back to the bank, the manager was confused, he could see I had sent in my documents, and tried everything he could to help, and put a note on the security bit, this was the Thursday the 8th October, and he gave up trying to get someone on the phone, and said he would ring me that evening if we hadnt heard, he did not ring, so we rang back Friday eve 9th October and a very helpful guy did his best to resolve this problem
So' no calls back I rang again , frantic that i had been told I dont have an account anymore, and I was told to take my documents to the brance again? A very nice lady rang security and left us to talk to someone, we went through everything, and then the person said, Your Account Was Not Re-instated in June, and the decision to close the account was made!!
I litrally had the letter of re-instament in my hand!
I have not been contacted since June, I have used the account twice, and Santander deposited compensation into that account…for the blocking in June.
I had no information given to me as to what was about to happen this time!
I recieved no letters or emails from Santander from June 2026 until the 15th September 2026
I recieved a letter on the 15th September 2026 asking me to log in!
They tried to lead us down the path of well , it's your own fault for having the same e-mail! and dont use your wifes phone when you ring , use your own (husbands phone is for work and not used for banking etc)…. this has still not been resolved as yet!
Comments
-
There are a few dates in that narrative that don't make much sense, unless stuff was happening last October that has relevance to last month.
Maybe just needs a slow reread and a bit of editing by the OP?
0 -
Not sure if you're just wanting to vent or if you're seeking advice or guidance, but if the latter then it would seem prudent to get one or more formal complaints logged as soon as possible - pay particular attention to taking your time and getting details right, as you refer to the likes of "we rang back Friday eve 9th October" and "I recieved a letter on the 15th October 2026"!
0 -
thank you i will, and bit of both i think
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

