We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.Old Style Daily Monday 05 October 2026
Comments
-
Morning again - I've been up to the big town for a early appointment. Then went to Marks, got rid of soft plastics there, did a bit of shopping and then to the tip on the way home. It's very drizzly here, that kind of heavy drizzle which isn't quite grown-up rain but still manages to get one very wet.
There''s so many parent woes here, it's so sad, I've been through it so can empathise. I'm always grateful that my experience wasn't one of memory loss so offer even more hugs to those coping with it. Lovely to hear about happy stuff too.
I've got weekly banking to do now, then some emails to write, I owe my favourite cousin a long missive so must get that done before he thinks I'm ignoring him. His brother isn't in touch too much and is a different kettle of fish entirely. My niece has been in touch this morning so must text her back too.
Take care everyone, hugs to all. xx
9 -
Morning all, thanks @Gers.
@dp1 - What a delightful little lady LO is turning out to be. 💖
We had another spectacular sky last night with gold, pink, violet and purple clouds at sunset. As I was watching I saw lots of small bats setting out on their night time excursions - they move very quickly! Today we're forecast a dry day with spells of sunshine, a light breeze and outside 'feels like temperatures' up to 18 deg.
It's a normal Monday for me (as in nothing exciting happening) and I'm now having a coffee break. I've checked the latest energy bill (all OK), junk mail filed (in the recycling bin) and have raised a repair request for the blocked bath. Tomorrow I have an annual tenancy check visit by a housing officer, although it's not really annual as their aim is for one in three years. In my younger days I would be scurrying around cleaning, tidying etc but now I operate on a 'take me as you find me' basis. 😁 Depending on who comes it could be a quick five minutes or it could be for longer - I think it may be the latter as there are a couple of issues I want to raise while I have the opportunity. Tea tonight is sausages, hash browns and baked beans.
Nothing else of interest to report so I'll wish everyone a good day and send get well soon wishes for those who are a bit under the weather. Take care all, stay safe. xx
Be kind to others and to yourself too.8
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
