We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Vinted wrong item sent

Hey guys, I was sent wrong item on vinted.

Vinted want me to send it back and sell er says they will refund me that postage but I don't have a guarantee, just their word. We are talking under a tenner I spent, but vinted don't want to help me as say as seller sent me their address I have 5 days to send it back with all the proof ect.

With my metal health not that good and the items needed, I've struggled this weekend.

Anyone got any advice?

Comments

  • marcia_
    marcia_ Posts: 4,414
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

    i would ask for the money up front to pay for postage. no way would i return at my own cost without knowing if i would get it back

    2026 wins - Parker Pen American Sweets bundle 2x dish magic bundle NEU shots & a NEU training T-shirt ToeZone Shoes Worth £32

  • kv11x
    kv11x Posts: 47
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    Thank you my thoughts exactly, but vinted don't want to help other than say it's between me and seller. I've asked and all I get back is I'll pay you back. Like I'm gonna take their word.

  • marcia_
    marcia_ Posts: 4,414
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

    keep the items and sell them on if you dont want it. Wouldn't let the seller make money twice on it

    2026 wins - Parker Pen American Sweets bundle 2x dish magic bundle NEU shots & a NEU training T-shirt ToeZone Shoes Worth £32

  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 75,509
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Ambassador

    unfortunately on Vinted sellers are rarely ever forced to pay return postage for any reason. The choice you have is either keep the item and leave them poor feedback (which they can retaliate in return) or return for all of your original money back (including original postage and Vinted fees. If you return then you can’t leave seller feedback at all.

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.