We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Ebay collection point lost parcel

I have an ebay purchase that the tracking says was delivered to the collection point at Argos , I went to collect it but they dont have it , i contacted ebay and they said "claim closed" as it has been delivered. Tracking says delivered but not collected.

Do I really have to pay for an item that Argos has lost ?

This was paid for from my ebay balance.

Comments

  • savergrant
    savergrant Posts: 2,185
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Is this a private seller or a business seller?

    If the courier has proof of delivery to the address you provided your best bet may be to take the tracking info and proof of value to argos, as it would appear they had it but can't locate it. Alternatively you could try a SNAD claim with ebay, saying tracking shows as delivered but item not instore. Have you seen the proof of delivery? The tracking number and your postcode should allow access to it.

  • goodfella66
    goodfella66 Posts: 440
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    If the item has been delivered to the collection point and it shows the item hasn't been collected, I'd have thought Ebay would normally process a no fault refund when an item not received case is opened.

  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 75,509
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Ambassador

    Assuming this was a click and collect the. That’s how it should work, I’d go back to eBay and speak to someone who understands the issue.

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 75,509
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Ambassador

    which means you need to phone them and argue your case.

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Robert7578
    Robert7578 Posts: 61
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    I put in an appeal to ebay and this has been resolved now with a full refund under the ebay money back garentee.

    Thanks for everyone's help.

  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 75,509
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.