We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

UK parking Control LTD Charge

saints1996
saints1996 Posts: 64
Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper
Forumite

Hello,

On 10th April 2026, I have overstayed the allocated time limit at McDonald’s Earlestown. However, I knew I would end up over staying because I had taken my young granddaughter to the store who loves talking to other children in there.

The Manager took My VRM and stated I would be ok and should I get a charge through the post bring it in the store and they would sort.

Well a few weeks later I got said charge and so I went in to speak with one of the managers along with my receipt who emailed the company to have the charge removed.

Instead of removing the charge I have had numerous letters now demanding the money. I have emailed them ( never admitting liability) stating I was given permission but they have just ignored me.

Well today I have received a County Court Claim.

I just wondered if this is the norm now because in the past I have never got this far and the charge just disappeared.

I am hoping someone could confirm what my next move should be?

It’s being dealt with by DCB Legal

Thanks

Lee

«1

Comments

  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 16,346
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Seems pretty standard stuff, post a redacted picture of the N1SDT claim form below after studying what to redact in the red circles in the recent example below

    15067.png
  • Car1980
    Car1980 Posts: 3,654
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    These are always discontinued. Just play the game

  • Nellymoser
    Nellymoser Posts: 2,987
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite

    See Umkomaas thread:

    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6377263/dcb-legal-record-of-private-parking-court-claim-discontinuations#latest

  • saints1996
    saints1996 Posts: 64
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Thank you. I will post once I get home.

  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 16,346
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

    You failed to leave the issue date showing, top right, and you didn't redact the VRM details too

    See the numbered example below

    15101.png
  • Nellymoser
    Nellymoser Posts: 2,987
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite

    You've left car reg showing in the Particulars of Claim.

  • saints1996
    saints1996 Posts: 64
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Ticket  copy 2.jpeg

    I am hopeless at technology so hope this is ok?

  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 16,346
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Ok, so UKPC via DCB LEGAL, breach is pleaded in the POC, issue date 30th September

    I suggest that you complete the AOS online stage on MCOL on Tuesday 6th OCT or just after !

    Read other recent similar DCB LEGAL cases to see what their ending to paragraph 2 is, and also what they wrote for their paragraph 3 too

    Use all 10 paragraphs on MCOL, when ready

  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 27,217
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

    With an issue date of 30/09/26 and providing you complete(d) the AoS before or on 19/10/26 your defence deadline date is 4.00 p.m. on 02/11/26

  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 166,039
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 3 October at 7:13PM

    Your facts para 3 (to insert into the 10 paragraph template defence) will be easy:

    The Defendant denies being 'parked for longer than permitted' because that did not happen. There was no breach because McDonalds has the right to override the fixed stay time limit, and the Manager did. The Defendant had taken their young granddaughter to the store. She loves socialising with other children, so more time was needed. As such, the Defendant sought permission whilst there, for the UKPC-allowed time limit exemption. The manager took the Defendant's VRM but weeks later a parking charge arrived. The Defendant was proactive throughout, and went in to speak with one of the managers (taking in the receipt) and was promised the charge would be removed by McDonalds emailing the Claimant, per the usual process. Whether the fault in not exempting the vehicle lies with McDonalds or the Claimant (or both) is irrelevant because the Defendant did everything right and there was no breach of a relevant contract or relevant obligation.

    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
    Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.